Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sun tach with broken glass, help???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by born2late, May 28, 2007.

1. born2late

born2late

I bought an old Sun tach model FZ-88N at a yard sale and the glass is cracked. Any tips on seperating the crimped on bezel from the body to replace the glass? From what I have gathered on the net, this tach requires no sender even though it is stamped March of '64. Not bad for 12 bucks eh?

2. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Try looking up Show Cars Automotive Inc. on Google etc. they carry every part for Sun Tachs EXCEPT Batteries. 1-507-233-1958

3. juhap

juhap
    from Finland

Here is a link to finnish pages...

http://www.timohapponen.net/

Sorry, they are only in finnish language :( But pics can tell you something, I hope...

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I had the same problem. I kept looking for a cheap donor tach. I found one and carefully got it apart and promptly dropped the new glass. Needless to say I was pissed. I found another and made a successful transplant.

I can't remember specifics other than to open it up as little as possible. Just enough to release the glass and any other gaskets and parts. It can be done.

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Alchemy recently posted his technique for removing bezels...checkitout.