Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Sun Distributor Machine ID help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51woodie, Feb 18, 2015.

1. 51woodie

51woodie

Can anyone tell me the model for this machine? See lots of info on the 400 and 500 series but have not seen an exact match for this one yet. It came with a lot of flathead parts. The guy said the fellow that had the parts used it regularly (don't they all). The roll-a-dex has cars listed from '40-57, so I'd guess about a 1957 vintage.

Attached Files:

2. It should have a nomenclature tag on it that will give lots of info including the year of manufacture. But your guess that it is a '57 machine is probably pretty good. I like your logic.

I have used one that looked like that and even used to own the big tune up bench with the oscilloscope. I wish I still had one of each just to say that I did. I do like a dizzy machine for setting up a dizzy, you can do all kinds of magic with one. good score.

3. Usually the military machines had the 2 gauges on the left side as yours does.
    Its definatly a 50s era because of the roll tab information.
    Someone has replaced the battery cover on the left side.

These are the go to guys for parts for these gizmos

http://www.paramountd.com/parts.html

Have you run it yet? How much for the acquisition?

I got two units

Oldmics

4. bajones238

bajones238
    from SC

5. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I believe that is a Standard dist tester (SDT) The master tester says Master Dist tester on the top.

6. The MDT (Master Distributor Testers) machines have 4 gauges not 3.

Oldmics