Register now to get rid of these ads!

Summer picks from Finland

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by akseli von gardan, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hello , just dropping few pick´s here to let you know what have we done during ice-age...

Now it´s time to enjoy HOTROD summer :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pictures from here: http://s3.photobucket.com/home/Akseli/index

Keep on rodding!

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

Man! you guys got some fine American (Canadian too!) iron over there.

Glad that the Swedes, Fins and Nord's enjoy hotrods as much as we do although I don't know why it is predominantly linked to those 3 European countries?

-We don't see much activity from any other countries except maybe Australia and New Zealand yet the interest form just these 3 European countries rivals all the rest of Europe.

Wonder why?

Thanks for posting.

moe

3. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Looks like you have some very well done American cars there. And the weather looks perfect for taking the hot rods out for a cruise.

What are the Summer temperatures in Finland?

4. hasty

hasty

Wow, some nice cars in there - thanks for posting

5. We have now perfect weather ,temperature has been over 30 celsius few weeks now ,and it´s allmost too hot to us....

I´m not sure what´s the reason that Northen part of europe is more active with hotrodding than South ,but i´m glad that this hobby is rising here more than ever.

6. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Thanks for the photos. Hope you don't mind if I add a few more...?
    --mika

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

8. Thanks for the pics. I have taken notice of those cool little license plates you have there too. Not so lucky is some of our other European friends with the big gaudy plates. Here in Florida we dont even have to have a front plate, but I dig your black an white ones, cool.

9. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Those black plates are for pre 72' cars in here and with bikes its 74'.
    I got one for my shovelhead at last year.It costs only ten euros (about 14 bucks at the moment) to get rid off the stupid euro-plate:D
    Nice pics by the way.Thanks for posting them.

10. Thanks Finnrodder for the explanation, have any pics of the shovel? TR

11. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Yeah,i got few pics in the album that you can find in my profile.
    I think posting them in this thread could be some kind of thread hijacking,so i wont do it.
    So,no one will be pissed because of bike pics:D

12. [​IMG]

Thisone is from my yard , now the car suffer a clutch problems , but is driveable and waiting new parts , wondering the quality of Lincoln , didn´t last more than 63 years of abuse ;)

[​IMG]

This was my 31 Olds that was nice car to drive aroun but had a sad end ,i wrecked it few years ago in an accident that allmost took my and ny friends life. Good memories still.

[​IMG]

This one is from about ten years ago , just a 27 body from the swamp and homemade frame etc... i wonder if it still exist.

I was just in Sverige with my wife and we went to power big meet , it was ossom ,they advertised it as a world largest usa car meet , at least it is BIG , 17 000 american cars at the field.... and wild cruising :D

That green roadster were tested with 8 people in it and police didn´t like it ,when they got us at higway doing 60 mph.... they just put four of us walking and fine was 50€ , not so bad ?

13. 5window

5window

Thanks for posting, those are some serious hot rods. I would venture to guess that those of us here in the US who decry the expense and availability of parts, can't hold a candle to you guys. Lesson learned. Post some more!

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's always a treat to see cars from Europe and Australia/New Zealand. Knowing the hassles you guys have to deal with (importing cost, etc.) it never ceases to amaze me the high quality of the builds. Outstanding to say the least!

15. Add some race additude , so i took off rest of the unnessesary parts, like windshield ,top....[​IMG]

We have topspeed race in local airport next saturday , so i try to be there and have some fun , probabply i can compete with the slowest cars in the lot :eek:

16. Last Saturday were top speed race at local airport , i found one very intresting build , from year 31... A Royal Enfield bike , owner built the engine using a massey ferguson cylinder sleeves , casting the cooling fins from aluminium , and used cut down Mazda rx6 16 valve heads :eek: with a home cast valvecowers.....

It now has 1430cc motor with 13,4 comression ratio.

Chek out the timing chain....

Sound wild and look even more dangerous.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/Akseli/Royal/

[​IMG]

I hoped that i got 100mph in standing mile ,but didn´t quite had it , i clocked 156km/h and quartermile 17,4. Well , it´s a bone stock flathead , what you expect?

I had a cheater slicks at the back , so i slippered thru gear one and possibly beginning of the second.... because of water was still on the pavement after a shover.