Register now to get rid of these ads!

summer junkyard tour 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Jun 22, 2011.

1. ems customer service

ems customer service

stopped in a little nebraska town at the local eatery $9 for a steak dinner, this is cattle country that steer wasn't dead for long, the best steak i have ever had, who cares if the locals stared.

there were huge number of old cars on the back roads of nebraska,

stayed in a little town hotel like something from the outer limits. heat was bad till des moines ia, met a bunch of great guys going to goodguys in des moines.

in iowa i checked the bug screen i put on the front of the van (behind the grill) it was full of stuff from weeds and lots and lots of bugs ( about 30% plugged) removed the bug screen, the radiator still had lots of bugs, so i went to self serve car wash and powered sprayed the radiator clean. it did not solve the cooling problem, but sure made a big improvement.

was slow driving back, stopped a cool big truck museum at the i-80 truck stop in iowa about 40 miles west of davenport.

got back home on sunday afternoon 1 day longer then planned.

the truck took a beating it was a 5000 miles trip in 14 days, needs new u-jionts and a few more things.

2. Tacson

Tacson

I 2nd the contact info. The orange pickup in the first pics interest me.

3. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

WOW..now I feel bad for griping about my trip to North Ala. to pick up my 60 F100 using my bros 07 Hemi Ram.it towed it ok but I too was in the 100+ heat.but you get the gold medel for the longest most grueling trip to pick up an old Ford truck :)

4. phat rat

phat rat

Long huge mountain grades in South Dakota? Those are hills not mountains. Looks like you visited some nice yards.

5. ems customer service

ems customer service

hills or mountians, the grade out of the yard was 8 miles long, some of 6% and not much down or flat before the next grade up.

6. reece

reece
    from NC

That Ford truck is going to cleanup nice. I love those 3/4ton trucks.

7. junkiegene

junkiegene
    from anaheim

I had one in 1960, think it was called Fair Lane 300. I remember hearing the trim was some what different depending what part of the USA the car was assembled in. Ours also had a gold anodized piece on the side, was built in Detroit.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

i had some much fun, that this labor day weekend i am going back to this yard to get some more stuff. tha cars i bought in june are out of the yard( in private storage now) and waiting for transport back east.

9. Which state are the second two yards located in, and do you have any contact info for either of them? I am curious about the '57 Chrysler 4 door missing the front fenders and hood.