Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Suggestions for front signal lights for my 1935 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Do it Over, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Rusty J

Rusty J

Alright, here's something for anyone to seriously check out: Google micro LED turn signals for motorcycles - saw these on goblin works garage tv show, insanely bright and look really cool with their bullet shaped housings (and lots of other styles too) some of these look no larger than a nut/bolt combo. Even found some micro finned lens bullet style lights from Krator on Amazon that have a really neat look to them and would match the grill bars. Think of mounting some of these in the screw holes behind your grill, hell, you could modify these to mount them in the headlight stanchons - but they'd look awesome even bolted on the stanchons themselves. Now I gotta consider this for myself. This looks awesome.

Do it Over likes this.
  2. Felix 40

Felix 40
    from Wisconsin

4FFFE208-A6BB-4FD0-B363-B2246D550E5B.jpeg I’m running signal lights behind the horn screens also.. they are nice and bright, sorry I don’t have a pic with one on.

3. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I use motorcycle lights on my '34.

Attached Files:

Do it Over and vtx1800 like this.
  4. On the front of my truck, I used old VW backup lights with amber colored bulbs in them.

Do it Over likes this.
  5. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I don’t care for them either but they don’t seem to teach young drivers what hand signals are any more.

mdimages likes this.
  6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

7. Clik

Clik

You'd be surprised how much light can be bounced off the road from under the car with some big bright LEDs hidden up in the fender wells.

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Do they still make Visibolts? If they do, that would work. Just replace a couple of bumper bolts with visibolts and you're good to go.

mcsfabrication likes this.
  9. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Now a days these tiny LED lights are bright as hell and really small. I'd put them on the back of your mirrors when you get some. They're so small you'd hardly see then when they were off. Would be easy to hide the wire too. I do like the inside the headlight option also. Really digging your car as well. Good luck.

10. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

That's a good idea. I just don't think if I owned it I would put a bumper on it. But that's just me.;)

11. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Not a fan of the motorcycle style lights. Always looks like an after thought. There's got to be something that looks more period correct. The fog light idea sound good. The Guide light is cool also but your lights look great so why change them. If you do use them I agree wit @pprather paint them black.