Register now to get rid of these ads!

Suede Green on old truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagetin88, Nov 20, 2011.

1. vintagetin88

vintagetin88

I've got a '62 Chevy pickup and I'm looking to make it a killer shop truck with the "used" look. Right now it looks REALLY USED. I'm thinking a suede green. I've done some reading and some say to shoot a two stage paint on it and not get or use clear coat, and others say put a flattening agent in the clear coat. I've had trouble finding a variety of pre-flattened paints. I've shot mostly one stage stuff from Napa. I like it, and I'm used to it. I'm definately not going to leave it in primer because it does not seal the metal/rust, or last longer than 5 months. I'm looking to keep it mostly stock, not restored stock, but 235 six, manual brakes, manual steering, three speed on the column, lets watch our girl friends struggle to drive it, awesome oldschool stock, with a custom touch. As much as I want to drop it, I still want to be able to tow and haul with it comfortably, so that doesn't seem like a practicle option.
    I'm 23 and have been in a out of almost dozen cars already and everytime I say, "I'm taking a break." I find another one I want to fix up for dirt cheap, and I finally got a truck that is almost a necessity. It's time to make it part of the family.

Any advice on what type of paint to shoot, or how to prep the paint?
    Any door art ideas or shop truck ideas anyone wants to share?

Here's some pics of the truck and a couple of my current (and if I can acutally get myself to keep it) 1966 Charger. I painted the Charger with some of that awesome Napa paint. I believe it is acrylic enamel? It's a mid 70's Ford color. The dodge guys don't seem to like it much because it is a ford color and the charger never came with those wheels...but damn I love the look. Almost nothing under the hood or chassis is factory anymore anyway... I've always been a sucker hard top dodges.
    CIMG2283.jpg

15_15.jpg

17_17.jpg

CIMG2288.jpg

09_9.jpg

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

The paint on my 50 is Zero Rust green that I tinted. It cost 75 bucks and has held up well

Attached Files:

3. vintagetin88

vintagetin88

Beautiful. That's kick ass.

4. Original57

Original57

[​IMG]

That is one cool lookin pickup you got there Dude. :cool:

5. olkarz

olkarz

Yeah Dude...your truck is Super Sweet!! Clean and understated and it being in the weeds makes it kick ass!!

6. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Reopening this old thread to ask if the OP just added black to the Zero Rust green that is really bright Kelly green? This does look really good!

7. Very cool!