Register now to get rid of these ads!

Subframe Connectors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Veach, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Veach

Veach

Where is the best place to get a set of Connectors for a 60 Falcon 2dr Wagon? I have a set of homemade ones but they are to heavy and ugly Thanks

2. 117harv

117harv

Are you going to install them yourself? Were the home made ones done by you? If not and your going to install them yourself then it shouldn't be too hard to fab some. I would think making your own might save you some $$.

3. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I always liked working with Melvin's Classic Ford

4. Veach

Veach

117harv or anybody that has made connectors what did you use to make them and how did you tie them to the frame.The ones that I made are overkill way to heavy.I can cut and weld but not to good in the design department.They should have a little flex I would think anyway any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Not sure about Falcons but the ones my Dad used in his Nova were from Global West, real nice pieces and priced right.

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

8. Judd

Judd

Here are the connectors on my buddies 62. They are home made and run through the floor into the front sub frame and next to the rear sub frame. welded to floor, sub frames and side bracing.

Attached Files:

doc's likes this.
  9. Veach

Veach

Thanks a lot after looking at the pics I can see that mine are ok.This is a great site

10. 117harv

117harv

I did a set on a Falcon and Chevy II many years ago, I think I used tubing and they looked like Judds pics. The tubing was slid into the factory uni stubs and a careful cut was made to the floor and they were fully welded both sides.

11. 65CometRagTop

65CometRagTop

I made my own sub frame connectors out of 2X3 0.120 wall square mild steel tubing. This is a convertible so there is that center support which I had to cut thru. I only lost about an inch of depth in the rear foot wells.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jcm65

jcm65
    from Santa Rosa

Make sure to get ranchero/wagon subframe connectors.
    Normal falcon connectors will be too short.

13. Veach

Veach

Thanks a lot that helped me a bunch. Thank You if in anyway I can help you just let me know.Do you mind if I share this pic with some Friends ?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013