Register now to get rid of these ads!

subed the Buick, FINALLY!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hip, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Hip

Hip

Well i haven't been able to get on the computer much lately with work and the kids hoggin it most of the time, so i had to pull the "Alpha Male" card, and run everyone off.
    Just to get you back up to speed. I bought that
    '41 Buick a year or so ago, and i had plans to sub it, so "Mightymouse" and me started tearing the front end apart, and then i had to squirl-away the car at my buddy Jerry's house while i worked on the truck. Finally this last Sat. i went over to his house and we pulled it in his garage and did the swap. I'll go back tomorrow morning to finish it up with him despite all the liquid sunshine were having.
    Some pics so far.[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]When it arrived year and a half ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. prime mover

prime mover

sweet, tell Jerry I'm gonna drop one of my cars off at his house next!

3. Hip

Hip

Oh, i forgot to also say that were doing his '50 Buick in another week or so and i plan to take more precise step by step pics for a complete tech week thread. It took just four hours to get it back on its wheels and that was with a DerWienersnichel break, fixin the old ladys vacuum, and freeing the sub frame from its cage in the backyard. :D

4. Hip

Hip

Hey Tyler, you know what Jerry would say about that right? "The more the merrier.;)

5. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Mark, It is true you are still among the living ! Godd to see you posting on the HAMB ! We should meet sometime during the week so I can feed you some good chili or something !

41 Dave

6. Hip

Hip

I need to vent, cause the dam'n liquid sunshine scrubed the subframe finishing mission and also the fact that she was coming home today!!!:mad::( Dam'n rain!!!

7. Orn

Orn

Nice work there. I will follow this thread with great interest.;)
    Keep up the good work.

8. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse

Hey Hip, great to see progress on the Buick. I think that car is going the distance with you!

I need to come "bug" :rolleyes: you soon!

MM

9. Scott

Scott

More progress?

10. Orn

Orn

Yeah, I like to see more of this too.

11. Hip

Hip

Finally got the Buick home last weekend when we moved "Mightymouse's" bug out of the way, to make room in the garage. The rain kinda screwed our little tech we were doing, but "Mightym" will be there to shoot pics of the '50 Buick sub swap we'll do as soon as the weather gets better. Some recent pics of mine. Rear lowered, getting some '53 Buick eyes, and preping to fill what seems like a THOUSAND holes!!!

12. Hip

Hip

Heres pics.....
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]