Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sub-par Molded Carpet Suppliers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by herbet99, Oct 24, 2010.

1. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

Has anyone bought a molded carpet for a car and were not happy with the product? I have new carpet in my wife's 67 lemans and it does not hold up very well. Even vacuuming the carpet seems to pull apart the loops. Unfortunately, I don't know who the manufacturer is.

I need to purchase carpet for my 66 mercury and I'd like to avoid a lousy product.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`ve never been happy with pre-molded carpets. That`s why I cut and sew everyone I do.

3. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

x2

when a customer demands a molded carpet this is who I use: http://www.accmats.com/

Never used them in my cars so I can't attest to the durabillity but the fit is decent.

4. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

Thanks for the info

5. x2.

6. dart165

dart165

i made the mistake of buying a molded ebay job a few years ago for a 65 conv that i was doing and it was a nightmare. first and last time I'll ever do that.

7. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Another happy ACC Carpet customer. Good fit, color and quality.I went ahead and went with the custom floor mats too. Same story and the embrodery work on the mats is excellent.As a bonus, they state they have thier own carpet mill and they make EVERYTHING in the USA!!