Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sub framing in Central Cal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rock 'n Roll DaddyO, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Is there Hamber in the Central Valley (Fresno/Visalia) that can do sub framing? I just picked up a Nova today and I'm looking at putting it under one of me AD trucks..........

2. AB6DO

AB6DO

Check with Steve Esau in Kingsburg. He should be able to help you. I used a TCI Mustang 11 cross member in my 48 5 window.

3. Thanks I totally forgot about Steve, He lives like 5 minute away from me.

4. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Steve is one of the best out of Kingsburg, Tim Gowett just started his own shop in Woodlake Ca. He done several Mustage II's and 4 link rear suspensions with air-bags. (Gowett Speed & Custom 559-936-9253). Another now local guy who just opened up in Visalia is Highway 99 Hot Rods (see donshotrodpage.com).

5. Thanks for the info, I actually know Tim but did not know he opened a shop. Gave him a call yesterday.........

6. what year nova? 75'-79' will limit your wheel choice as track width is really to wide for AD trucks. 78' -84 GM A-body seem better suited.

7. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Why don't you use that S-10 frame instead. Hey is my Essex done yet????

8. I was thinking about '68 but just found out about rear steering. So now I don't know what I'm going to do........

9. As for the S-10, I may still build one since I have the frame but I think I want to try a subframe to see if I like it.