Register now to get rid of these ads!

Styling questions...

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by hemi, Oct 20, 2006.

1. hemi

hemi

I have been rounding up a few parts and have located a suitable six, but after speaking with Samiyam about a few things...I gots questions.

I know these are supposed to be built in the spirit of the bug. I know all about early dragsters and am confident I can make something period correct, but a few of the parts, although well within the "rules" left Sam and I with questions. I figured I'd ask before I went any farther.

First, since the motor cut-off is 1962, can we use styling cues from the very early 60's? Could I run a 6" cast-finish American Racing TT five spoke on a white wall?

I have an anglia front axle, unmodified, and would like to use that.... Sam said he didn't think it was old enough, but it's pre 60's, lightweight and complete. I would like to run wire wheels like the Ozark car.

Thirdly, on the six, my motor guy used to run Webers. They are pretty old carbs and have been around for ages on euro cars. Could I run them on the six, or do I need to run an old FoMoCo holley 4bbl? and what carbs are considered "legal" to be within the guidelines?

Also what rear axles are okay? Can we run a Ford 9"?

Any insight or opinions would be great.

Thanks!

2. Rand Man

Rand Man

I think most of your ideas are OK. 9" Ford reas came out in '57 no problem. I think using Webers could put you into the "exotic" class. What engine were you planning to run?

3. hemi

hemi

A Chevy six.

My buddy ran them on his Anglia in the 60's...

Do we have to use carbs (or styles) offered before the engine date? Or something that looks old? Obviously a Demon is out....

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

Hindman has good luck with those big Rochester one barrels. That's what I'd use.

5. ThingyM

ThingyM

Rochester also makes a 500cfm 2 barrel, But 1000cfm on a 6 might be a bit much. But I'm gonna try it...