Register now to get rid of these ads!

"style" Ideas for a '56 2 door Customline...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ken Carvalho, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I just got a '56 2 door post Customline car, and just don't know "which way to go"!!!
    I have searched here AND google for ideas, but have seen mostly "hardtops" or chromed up Fairlanes. I don't have any pics yet, but ALL the side Chrome is gone, and the hood, and trunk are shaved. I like BOTH the look of a "street freak" & "mild" custom?!?!? Looked on "carnut.com" and didn't like ANYTHIG there!!! Any of you guys have pics or sites "up your sleeve" to help me out??? Not sure if this is the way to go BUT, I do Really, REALLY, like THIS one:....
    Not sure where I got it from, but would like to see MORE of it!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. There is a car called "The Tiki" it was in some little mags, its just about the perfect example of a tudor. You could always make a "Victorian" style or influenced build. I actually looked at the Victorian for a few styling cues on my car.

In general, slam it, chrome wheels, pinner-whites, panels, and a wild interior. Imo of course.

3. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I also like this car too, VERY DIFFERENT styles!!!....

[​IMG]

4. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Any pictures?? I googled that and all I got were TIKI Huts, TIKI Dolls, and TIKI Lounges...

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here's a nice '56 two door...belongs to the guy that does all my upholstery, Ed Banes of Banes Upholstery in Denver, ColoRODo...

[​IMG]

The headlights have been frenched with '54 Ford rings, Pontiac side trim, '55 Plymouth grille, '59 Buick taillights, nosed, decked, handles removed plus all emblems, bumpers smoothed, Lakes Plugs in the wheelwells, wide whites and small hubcaps with bullets. The interior is tan tuck n' roll with a tilt wheel.

[​IMG]

Paint is copper and eggshell white...bodywork by yours truly, long boarding, finishing and paint by Back Street Kustoms of ColoRODo Springs, CO.

R-

6. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

That IS very nice....also like that blue '53/'54?? in the background.
    Hmmmmmmm: Decisions, Decisions!!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  7. Yeah, the only picture of the tiki I could find, is not a good one, its one after it got sacrificed to the show car gods. That orange and white '56 is a great looking car. You can pretty much do whatever with these cars and have them come out okay if you stick to your guns.

8. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Rims/Tires make a HELL of a difference too!!! Most (other than the wifes car)EVERYTHING I own has either 13X7 Supremes or Wires on it...Going to be a HUGE change for me!!!!!