Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stupid Tire Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52pickup, Apr 24, 2009.

1. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

These tires came with the 52 Pontiac I bought a few weeks back. They have been stacked in the car for an unknown length of time, with a bumper thrown on top. They weren't stacked evenly, and now they are all "warped"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They all look like that, some worse that that one. The pictures don't really show how squished/twisted they are.

I feel really dumb asking this, but, Am I going to have any trouble with these?

2. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Doubt it, but mount them and find out. You already have them.

3. 52style

52style

only way to tell is to put em on some rims any problems should show themselves when balancing them

id say if there not dryrotted and they balance use them

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

The tires are fucked I will pay to ship them to me. Just kidding they should be fine when you put air pressure in them they will correct themselves.

5. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Thanks guys. My gut feeling was they would be fine when I aired them up, guess I just needed to hear someone else say it to make me believe it.

6. Once you run them and they get warm they should be good to go.

7. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil

Tire guy for 13 years here.....The only problem could be if you have an actual kink or bend in the bead area. If they are just wavy/warped like it is in the picture, they'll be fine once mounted and aired up. Your tire shop will most likely put the tires in a spreader to make it easier to mount them and get them back into their regular shape anyway. But like I said, look for sharp kinks or bends in the bead area. If you see something questionable, post a pic.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back in the early 70's when I worked for Firestone bias tires that had been stacked for a long time came out of the back room looking like that. They can be a pain in the butt to inflate but there shouldn't be anything wrong with them because of that. I'd be more worried about dry rot if they were very old.