Register now to get rid of these ads!

stupid questions people ask????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thirtytwo, Jan 7, 2004.

1. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

i started a new thread cause i saw the other was getting a bit lengthy

for me its a bit fustrating having people refer to my flathead as a hemi,but
    i see nothing wrong with people asking simple questions, which to us seem dumb, most people start a conversation because they are genuinely intrested , i dont see anything to gain by being ass-hole to them or telling stories , everyone started somewhere.
    i think it behooves all car people to be friendly and curtious, the person you answered all the stupid questions could be person buying a car or parts you sell a few years down the road, a friendly face maybe all it takes to hook another rodder

the people i cant stand are the ones that say they are motorheads,and seem to have all the answers, somehow they always seem to find a fault with your/someone else's car, and they seem to be the athority on all things with wheels, but when you ask them to point out their car, its never there!!!!!!

2. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I agree. I hate people that act like dickheads when you have a question about their car. I used to hang out at New England Dragway. We'd walk up the rows of cars in the staging lanes and check everything out. Every guy with an old car or a new V8 car was the biggest asshole. They couldn't be bothered to talk about their cars or their times or to just act like a human being.
    That's how I fell in with the DSM (Mitsubishi Eclipse etc.) crowd. Those guys were friendly, helpful and just plain happy to be there...Probably because they were getting better times than those other assholes!

3. Toqwik

Toqwik

I went to a show when I was in high school with a buddy of mine. We were looking at a nice 67 Nova SS. My buddy isn't all there, and this guy walks up and says "is this your car?" My friend replied no, and the guy said I know it's mine, and you're too fucking close to it. One punch and It took about 20 minutes for that guy to wake up. After that I often saw the guy at other shows, and he lost the attitude, and that missing front tooth was a constant reminder also....To

4. old beet

old beet

I was just gittin use to the "Fuckin Hoodlum" status.....OLDBEET

5. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

[ QUOTE ]
    i started a new thread cause i saw the other was getting a bit lengthy

for me its a bit fustrating having people refer to my flathead as a hemi,but

[/ QUOTE ]
    I had a similar experience last year a local show when a greybeard brought out his hilborn injected ardun flattie 32. I was drooling over this piece of art and some dumb ass was looking over my shoulder and said " is that what I think it is?" to which I replied yes it is. Then this dumbass tells his buddy to look at the "hemi." I looked at him and shook my head and told him he didn't have a clue.I just wanted to punch the dumbass.
    Bill

6. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Gee and i only thought news reporters asked dumb questions. could be one of the same huh ?. but i do have to agree, people at shows that some of them do not have a clue. i've heard the hemi word, when someone was looking at my flathead, so , your not alone. sometimes i'll correct them and sometimes not.

7. ARE THE SPRINGS SAGGIN OR IS IT SUPPOSED TO SIT THAT LOW..................dumass. [​IMG]

8. Mutt

Mutt

[ QUOTE ]
    I agree. I hate people that act like dickheads when you have a question about their car. I used to hang out at New England Dragway. We'd walk up the rows of cars in the staging lanes and check everything out. Every guy with an old car or a new V8 car was the biggest asshole. They couldn't be bothered to talk about their cars or their times or to just act like a human being.
    That's how I fell in with the DSM (Mitsubishi Eclipse etc.) crowd. Those guys were friendly, helpful and just plain happy to be there...Probably because they were getting better times than those other assholes!

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys at regular drag races are far too serious - mostly because of the money involved.
    If you want to have a good time, and meet a lot of friendly racers, go to nostalgia events. GG Indy, March Meet, or any other geezer race , and they are mostly having fun. Geezer races are showing up all over the country, and there's bound to one near you if there's a strip. There's a large core of guys who travel, some like me and others on vacation time, and run at a lot of the same races. All of them that I know are friendly and will offer cool refreshments if you visit their pits. They are serious about their car, but the race is for fun - the money isn't that great. It's a chance for us to get together and catch up on gossip [​IMG]

9. du$ty

du$ty

thats alright...at the konts day of the drags this old cat was telling me about how i could make the six run in the t that i built from scratch about 3 months before...and how "they" cut the fan and "they" did this..and that.i tried to tell him 2 or 3 times i built my car.....but it did no good.wouldnt have been so bad...but he was writing me off and just being plain rude...jake and i always joke now about what "they" did to our rides.

10. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Mutt, these were "street night" events, so they weren't pros or anything, just assholes.
    There was a nostalgia event here last January, it kicked ass!