Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stupid Question. What hubcaps can you use on 1955-56 Chevy rims?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by justnicholas, Jun 29, 2012.

1. justnicholas

justnicholas

Basically what the title says. I have the opportunity to buy some 55 chevy car rims (15") for my pickup, but I don't like the original hubcaps and was wondering what other hubcaps work on them.

This is probably stupid, but I have only used the clip kind and don't know what you can "pop" into these aside from the original hubcaps. Any smoothie hubcaps available or really cool hubcaps?

Sorry if this is a completely lame question, but I am new to this and learning from the ground up.

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

If you are new I'd just warn you that 55 Chevy car rims wont bolt up to a stock Chevy truck brake drum or disc. Make sure that they fit before you plunk down some cash.

3. squirrel

squirrel

you can use hubcaps from most Chevy cars from 55-up and most Chevy 1/2 ton pickups from the early 60s on up. I have 70s chevy car wheels on my trailer, and I have a 55, 58, and late 60s car hubcaps on them.

some of the 70s novas had smoothie hubcaps that looks like a baby moon sort of