Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stumped,need ideas for this wagonaire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by killer-D, Dec 24, 2011.

?
  1. flake ,lace and fade

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. leave alone

37 vote(s)
    74.0%
  1. killer-D

killer-D

I know I want to lower it. I want to do a custom paint job on it ,but I have a mental block.Any ideas...Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Attached Files:

2. Bilt

Bilt

Panels and lace. Something along the lines of the car "may cause dangerous"....but only use it for inspiration to get your mind going and don't copy it exactly!!!

3. I don't know, that thing is pretty damn sexy just the way it sits now...

4. Merge

Merge

I actually really like it the way it is! But I have a 65 Rambler Wagon so maybe my taste is a bit bias! Nice ride!

5. killer-D

killer-D

Thanks... I do custom paint ,but when it comes to my personal car.I run out of ideas.Then I do a customer car and I think,Man I wish I would have done that to one of mine.Never ending circle,I never like what I do for myself...

6. killer-D

killer-D

here is a better picture

Attached Files:

• mail.jpg
      mail.jpg
      File size:
      40.4 KB
      Views:
  7. Mojo

Mojo

Honestly, I think it's perfect. It has a very clean, crisp feel to it that makes it unique.

8. sic944t

sic944t
    from ohio

yea its awesome as is maybe do someinterior or suspension stuff that will make the drive more enjoyable

9. killer-D

killer-D

It is a v8 283,auto with factory air,48000 miles,the interior is nearly perfect.

Attached Files:

10. killer-D

killer-D

That is what I was thinking,thin white walls, atro supremes or smoothies with shannon caps.Red flaked roof with candy maroon and black panels and lace.The body is where I am confused.

11. YBLOCK

YBLOCK
    from Beulah,ND.

Just drive it.

12. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

I say, put the stock caps back on with thin white walls. Lower it a few inches front and rear and some simple scallops and drive it! Get and old vintage camper to tow with it.
    Or sell it to me :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  13. killer-D

killer-D

I do.Everywhere...I own a custom pinstriping and paint business..I have to do something to it.It is just me...Just can't get any good ideas for the body.I have the rood figured out.The car needs paint,there are a couple of bubbles and scratches.No dents or dings.The chrome is pretty nice.

14. killer-D

killer-D

Your gremlin is awesome !!! Those cars are so cool.I am a rambler/amc nut. I have own quite a few of them

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

How about a converting to a sedan delivery version and a little lower in the back? Then you can paint your business logo on the panel.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. robber

robber

Honestly killer-D, this is cool as is and all ready different from the norm... sweet!
    You say you want to lower it. To me stance is one of the most important aspects of "the look". You also say you want to paint it. My idea would be to take a photo of the profile. Transfer that photo onto tracing paper. Make multiple photo copies of that tracing. Now your ready to doodle and experiment with just color pens or pencils. Its fun to play with the stance, different wheels and color combinations. You might consider a 2 tone. The lines of this vehicle lend themselves to that idea. You might want to split the colors at the bottoms of the windows or maybe at the side molding chrome strip? 2 tones have a dramatic effect on the proportions of "the look". Some might think that with a red interior that you are limited to color choices. But, I could see this in a black over red, a red over black, black over silver... whatever your heart desires. On the other hand, if you do nothing to change it, drive it with pride and enjoy. Its beautiful!

17. rick finch

rick finch

Keep it clean & simple, maybe some pin striping only.

18. killer-D

killer-D

Very cool!! Nice work

19. bustingear

bustingear

That's not a volkswagon!
    It's not your flavor.

20. killer-D

killer-D

I have had 65 vws but I also have had alot of wagons ,deliveries ,panels,and vans. I don't enjoy the vws anymore,I guess I grew up.lol

21. azsnow

azsnow

Chop and flame it!

22. If he does that...you will only hear 3 words from most of us...GET A ROPE!:D

23. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Leave it alone maybe some whitewalls but it looks cool so now with the money you save by leaving it alone go buy another car you can chop

24. killer-D

killer-D

I think I might have pinstriped on your 56 delivery at Paso Robles in I think it was 05 or 06...It wasn't finished yet,I was walking around striping.I was set up with Winfield

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It doesn't need anything except maybe some detail pinstriping that rather disappears from sight when you get twenty feet away. Not that "Von" something overpowering stuff but something that sets off the details of the car. Sometimes less is more in the long run.

26. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Submit some photos to The Photoshop Thread to End All Photoshop Threads.
    We love a challenge!

You have a nice clean car and one not often seen. I would be thinking of a nice mid-sixties era street custom. Custom grille, period wheels, and paint.

I'd remove the roof rack for shows, but keep it!

27. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

It's triple cool NOW. Just drive it....

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I agree about posting on the photoshop thread. There is some serious talent there, along with a few hacks like me. :D

29. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

This car says "mildly bombed original cruiser" all day long to me, whatever that is. Use your skills, buff it etc and save the old paint. Detail EVERYTHING within an inch of it's life. It's a very original car so keep it that way. Slam it a good 2 1/2 -3" on colour coded stock rims with chrome trim rings and center caps. Single or double pinner skinny whites. Coded visor, pull the roof rack off and we're good to go. Maybe some very subtle coachline pinstriping at most, no big pieces on boot or bonnet, total overkill. Service, add fuel, dangle a new air freshner, grab your squeeze and go cruise.

Haha i think thats getting called lost in the moment. I was only waiting for some paint to dry:D

Happy Christmas!

30. I voted "leave it alone" on your poll, but I think a custom paint job would look cool, just not as wild as your other option...

It's not a "six-fo" Impala, and never will be...