Register now to get rid of these ads!

stump the HAMB'rs whatca got?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LowKat, Aug 30, 2012.

1. rodhot

rodhot

Well, it's not for a full rotation turn to me. Almost like a 1/2 turn max. Almost like controlling rudders on planes. Hell, could be for an old submarine.

2. actually , the rudder on an airplane are controlled by the pedals. but i agree , it's not for something you would make full turns with...like an airplane. never thought of a submarine

3. I have posted this once before......i have had this tool for years, never figured out what it was for.
    Overall length is about 16". Looks to be made from mild steel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sidewinder777

Sidewinder777
    from Dayton,Nv

Old school oil filter remover/wrench???

5. Sidewinder777

Sidewinder777
    from Dayton,Nv

scratch that, they look more like radiator hose pliers

6. jonnyonedrip

jonnyonedrip
    from canada

that half steering whel might be from a fighter aircraft as the hole at the bottom would be for be for the "machine guns"

7. Looks like the kind of tool Elena Bobbitt (anyone remember her?) would have around the house...

8. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

,,,,Circumcisions Are Us,,,,,

9. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Obviously some thing industrial, and only cool for a post such as this, in mho.

10. Here,s a similar " steeringwheel " This one is actually from a 1950s SETRA alpine touring coach / bus. Those are the fancy busses with all the curved windows in the roof and lots of chrome trim strips along the sides.

Attached Files:

11. the steering wheel locks like it could have come out of a GARBAGE TRUCK with duel steering wheels.

the trucks up here have a "mini wheel" similar to what you posted on the curb side. the bottom of the wheel is missing to the driver can get in and out easily with out banging there knees on the wheel.

just another theory.

and the pliers i think are a universal drum bung remover dealy.

12. Can anyone here i.d. these parts then ?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were in among a bunch of very early ( 1916-1918 ) Buick parts but don't fit the Buick .

13. Sidewinder777

Sidewinder777
    from Dayton,Nv

in sticking with my original guess i found some modern oil filter pliers that look similar to the set pictured [/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

14. Dapostman

Dapostman

# 6 Dolomite 8, #42 an agitator from a hand powered washing machine. Did I win?

15. I will guess the wheel is for a huge factory machine of some sort, tractor, golf cart, or other industrial tooling maybe.

16. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I would bet that steering wheel is from a stand up fork lift