Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects STUFFING A FE INTO A 30 TUDOR

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by deadbeat, Jun 8, 2014.

1. deadbeat

deadbeat

I have had this 30 tudor sitting in my shed for over 15 years.Finally getting my A into G & doing something with it.All Ford,except for the front drums.FE engine,Ford O Matic trans (column shift) &46 rearend all mixed up for a 60's vibe as to how I saw hot rods growing up in that era,,Kiwi style.Hope you guys like it

2. deadbeat

deadbeat

ummm.just having probs with posting pics,says they are too large.I dont get the thumbnail option,any advice?

3. ausbuick

ausbuick

sounds kool mate.

4. Sent you a PM. HRP

5. I knew a local guy with a FE engine in his A sedan. It Flew. It was a tight fit but it flew!

6. deadbeat

deadbeat

Ok so Im back & I think I have this pic thing sorted.A big thanks to HOTRODPRIMER & MOOSEMAN for your help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. deadbeat

deadbeat

And again,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Stay tuned,,,

8. boutlaw

boutlaw

9. silent rick

silent rick

mmmmm, flamethrower

10. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Luv the big engines, puttin a 440 mopar in my 31 tudor.

deadbeat likes this.
  11. powrshftr

powrshftr

Man that is gonna be MEAN!:D

Scott

12. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

FE Fords are awesome..if you need a header kit for you project,let me know I have a brand new kit I'm not gonna use.

13. My son's '31 coupe was originally built in the '60s with a 406/ST10 combination in the '31 rails, boxed. When we tore it down, the rails were twisted like macaroni.....way too much torque for the ti ny bones. We pulled the body and put it on a new boxed frame, but with a SBC. I still have the 406 (3-two's)and ST10 trans in my shop.....for another project.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. prez

prez

I hope your good lady doesn't get covered with transmission oil in THIS car !

15. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saw the thread and thought , gotta send the link to Sharpy / deadbeat . OOPS it's mr deadbeat hisself posting . Keep going big guy, this things going to to rattle some cages and boil the hides fer sure when it lights up. Will be a very trad 60s hot rod when all the stars align and the wrenches turn and the gin stops flowing so generously in the tiki bar.

16. deadbeat

deadbeat

Thanks Fordgasser will keep that in mind,cheers

17. deadbeat

deadbeat

Hey Boutlaw,thats a compliment coming from you.Dont worry Ive been "stalking" your posts,lol,& will keep you all posted,cheers

18. deadbeat

deadbeat

Good spotting silent rick.I was wondering when someone would mention about that.I cant quite get the pics to be bigger so I can shows some of the engineering etc,cheers

19. deadbeat

deadbeat

They dont come much bigger than them big ol 440's,put some pics up! Hope you have better luck than me putting them up!

cheers poweshftr,yeah something a bit different,especially for down here.,cheers

20. deadbeat

deadbeat

Probly will. Jody smells great with gear oil on her Prez & she wouldnt have it any other way!

21. deadbeat

deadbeat

Thanks Brian.Yeah I got busy while you were in Europe.Dont worry I will be picking yer brains as I go along.To me it will evolve into a 60's car eventually only Kiwi syle,cheers

22. boutlaw

boutlaw

Deadbeat, can you elaborate on the flamethrower, maybe a better pic, unfamliar with that, thought something was sitting on top of engine in pic...guess it was....

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

I think he was talking about a Spaulding Flamethrower ignition....
    I've had a few head injuries though Brad,so don't quote me on it...:D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. boutlaw

boutlaw

Thats it Scott, didn't know, or remember, Spaulding, when I searched it. I've never seen one before until it was mentioned in the thread, just curious about its history. Cool looking piece, if its a product of the 60's , I guess that was one of the days I missed.....

25. boutlaw

boutlaw

Deadbeat, whats the progress on the FE C dan?

26. FE's rule...I'm with boutlaw, updates please!

27. deadbeat

deadbeat

hey Guys Im back again.Sorry not much to report as I was laid off at the speed shop.Seems the boss just wanted to sell and the new owners didn't want me.I also had shoulder reconstruction surgery so I wasn't allowed to turn a wrench for a few months
    Progress has slowed a wee bit,but will be back into it soon as things are warming up down here
    My wife and I are opening a vintage styled American clothing shop etc so that has taken up some funds as you can imagine
    For Boutlaw.The Grant Spalding flame thrower is a dual coil,dual points distributor.You tune it like 2 4cyl ignition,or at least that is what I have been told.Bubba,here on the H.A.M.B restores them,so he may be able to fill in the tech side of things.They were from the 60's and turn up every now and then at swap meets
    I will see if I can upload a better pic for you guys
    Cheers

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Saw the title and clicked on 'cause I knew I'd find you 'round these parts...