Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Stuff found in your project car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadheavy52, May 19, 2019.

1. earlymopar

earlymopar

In 1973, under the original leather solo seat padding on my 1929 Harley I found a newspaper clipping on Hitler. Unfortunately over the years that has been misplaced.....

- EM

2. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Of course I was joking about Miss Plumper!
    In the 70s my wife bought a GTO cheap since the owner, this young guy, couldn't get it running. After paying for it, title in hand, we found the wiring problem, fixed it, drove it home. I look back, guy is running after us down his long dirt driveway, yelling "wait...wait". At home we discovered why, a bong shoved under the seat and bag of dope. He never did call asking for it!
    Who says pot makes you smart

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

da34guy and Unique Rustorations like this.
  3. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

I've never found anything cool in a project car, but at work I find all kinds of stuff. Just a warning... If you take your car to a body shop to have a rear bumper repaired, remove you leather bondage gear from the trunk first.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Sandgroper and 56don like this.
  4. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

[​IMG]

Not a H.A.M.B. friendly project car, but the ‘80 Trans Am my wife bought for $500 had no trunk key. I powered up the power trunk latch and found a unused n mint space saver tire and all of the tools including the original air charge tube (not in the pic). Now I know you are thinking Duh! Spare tires are suppose to be in the trunk but it seems they never are on the junk I buy! :) Plus a set of really nice rear taillights. The best part was that the rear window seal must be OK cause the trunk was rust free. That’s a first for me! My oldest turns 16 this year...it will be his first car: shaker scoop, 400 w/ headers turbo 350 n a posi. Lucky kid...Lol. Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. In the past I have found earrings, bullets, lots of change, religious medals. On my '59 Ford, I found a cheap ball point pen from a lumberyard. The ink was dried up, I was able to find a cartridge from a good pen and now the pen works.. and is back in the glove box.

When I was doing the junk car thing, we would cut the front bench seat on the back, right below where it folds. All sorts of things would drop out of the cut.

6. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found a Snap On "crescent" wrench in the chopped 49 Ford I bought in Kansas (wish I'd left the car where I found it:( and the front "half" of a Fenton split manifold for a 216/235? Stovebolt six. The wrench hangs on the wall and the Fenton was donated to my neighbor that just bought an early 55 Chevy pickup. He had a 49 pickup after he got out of the Marines that was his wife's and his daily driver back in the late 60's:) When I was a kid on the farm we had an early 55 pickup and it was the first vehicle I ever rolled, actually the only vehicle I ever rolled:) I am glad my dad loved me. IMG_2290.JPG

7. *JW*

*JW*

I worked in an auto upholstery shop for a number of years so I found a lot of lost items when removing seats. One observation I made was that if the saying “you are what you eat” is true you should eat french fries. They look almost as good the day you remove them as the day they went in. Apples, not so good.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  8. 4speed411

4speed411

1941 Ford Pickup
    1942 Silver Dollar
    Cartoons magazine
    1972 Motorcycle Plate
    Purple glass ring pull handle

9. Hey Danny...is this it? Found it in my dad's tool box 35 years ago. Knife.jpg

10. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Opened the door to my 63 Starfire and found these little ones inside. No idea how momma got in but was quite the surprise none the less. Screenshot_20190523-094600_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing too odd. Lots of change and old coins, Lots of ammo of various calibers and once 2 full boxes of old 44-40 ammo. Lots of various tools as well.

12. williebill

williebill

2 pair of black lace crotchless panties in the trunk of a 65 Wildcat. The guy I bought if from had inherited it from his mom, and was one of those guys who you'd think had never had any in his life. Maybe appearances can be deceiving. Or maybe they belonged to his mom.
    I showed them to my ex-wife, she wasn't interested in even trying them on.

13. Maybe you'll find a couple more coins on top of a piston.

14. lake_harley

lake_harley

Bought a '48 Ford coupe and in the trunk found that a 4X4 transfer case and a flathead dual point distributor (didn't spin though) was included with the purchase. On the front seat was a bottle of "Pretty Lady" eu du toilete (spelling likely wrong) with a little bit of liquid still in it. Wonder how old that was? My wife passed on trying out the fragrance.;)

Lynn