Register now to get rid of these ads!

StudebakerTruck.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PJKeally, Nov 3, 2011.

1. PJKeally

PJKeally

Hi Fellow HAMBERS,I have recently acquired a 1934 Studebaker { narrow cab} Truck from a Local Farmer cost{ You help load its Yours}When purchased New it was Bought Firewall forward front mudguards,half cabin no seat Owner Drove 4Hours from dealer sitting on Fuel tank,It was used by Local Timber Hard ware shop for Delivery 200 Mile radius from here in Willuara{ small Town } Hood/Roof lining was Sheet of 3 Ply ower used as a Log of all Work, Milage Etc, Very interesting History I am third Owner:)I am doing Modern Restoration using 259 v8 and Auto Stude Station Wagon Front end Rearend,at present I have Bonnett ,Dash and other bits soaking in a Molasses Bath to remove Rust{ works well}5 days some parts I cheked have come out well, I would like to Know if Fellow Members maybe able to post some Pics of You may know of Please .I dont know how to post pics but will see if I canget a Freind to post for Me,Any History on Studebaker 60CWT Trucks would really appreciated,Thanks Cheers Rebel from down under Koolsville:cool::cool::cool::cool:

2. walls

walls

Post a pic. I'd like to see it.

3. studeboy

studeboy

I'd like to see pics as well. Sounds like an interesting project with even more interesting history

4. aircap

aircap

Check the forums of the Studebaker Driver's Club and Studebaker Truck Talk.
    You won't be sorry!

5. 1948stude

1948stude

I second that!!

6. DJCallaghan

DJCallaghan
    from Australia

7. PJKeally

PJKeally

Well here is a Update on Progress,Cowl has been stripped and cleaned by Hand using wire brush on Angle grinder small areas done with Small wire brush in Elect drill, Bonnett Half soaking in Molasses bath 5 days leave for another 3 or 4 Days,I have busy making Windscreen Frame out of small sqaure tube welding using Arc,I work in shed Gravel floor or out in Yard using Basic tools,Most work I do myself Cheers Rebel.

8. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Do you plan to keep it all Studebaker?

9. PJKeally

PJKeally

Hi yes it will be kept all Studebaker using Cabin Firewall forward, Chassis,259 Stude V8,Front end and Diff from Stude Station wagon. This will be what I call Modern RestorationCheers Rebel, Koolsville down under.

10. aircap

aircap

I'm liking it so far!

11. studeboy

studeboy

Looks like a big project. Very cool and different. Keep posting pics as you go, very interested in how it turns out.

12. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Great looking frontend! Will it be done as a pickup, or a full sized hauler ?

13. PJKeally

PJKeally

Some progress photos and a few photos of the "new" chassis

Attached Files:

14. PJKeally

PJKeally

Hi all owing to Strict Engineering guide lines I regretably will be transferring 34 Cabin etc onto 60s Station wagon rolling chassis which I obtained from a Fellow Stude enthusiast, so with the Help of a couple of Freinds hopefully be close to Permit stage :D by end April for Heroes IN Hot Rods run.Cheers Rebel Koolsville.:cool::cool::cool::cool: