Register now to get rid of these ads!

studebaker questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOWBLAZERO1, Aug 4, 2009.

1. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

i have 1951 studebaker 2r5 pickup, i am putting it on a 82 chevy 1/2 ton frame, with a 3.73 geared olds limeted slip rearend. i am going to get it to sit as low as possible (airbagging it to lay frame in the front, and a flip kit and drop blocks in the rear). i just found out that classic enteprises makes some patch panels, and some replacement sheet metal for them (from a post on here, thanks).
    last weekend i went and looked at another 51 studebaker for parts, and ended up buying a bed that someone made into a trailer (cant beat the look of a custom truck pulling a matching trailer).
    i had some questions about parts interchangability they are:
    will a 56 transtar one-piece windshield fit in a 51 that is equipped with a two-piece windshield?
    are one-ton rear fenders wider than a half-ton, i know the wheel wells are larger, but are they wider?

2. The one piece glass will probably fit if its stude glass, (sorry i'm not up on all the truck names) the ton fenders should be the same or close, I don't think they went to bigger fenders until they went to 1.5 and up farm trucks.

I personally like the look fo 2 piece glass but I'm an odd ball.

3. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

the windshield is originally one piece on the later of the same body style (c-cab?) and the cab looks exactly the same to me, but i may be missing something.

4. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dont think the one piece windshield will work. On the top of the earlier cabs there is a point that is not on the top of the newer cabs.This is right above the bar that seperates the two flat glass pieces. I have a 50 2r5 that I thought about doing this a number of years ago. I think the channel for the windshield is also curved. I think the newer hoods also might be different than the older ones. Id talk to the Studebaker guys.

5. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

6. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

cool, thanks for the link, very informative.