Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stude Sled had a Wreck with pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamed58, Oct 22, 2011.

1. flamed58

flamed58

Brian had a wreck on Friday night. He was sitting at a stop light, and the guy behind him did not stop, and probably hit him running 40 miles an hour. Then he was shoved into the back of a Pacifica. We spent the evening in the hospital waiting for results. They took him by ambulance to Cox Hospital. He had a neck brace, they didn't know it he had broken ribs or broken back or what. Supposedly nothing is broken, but he is VERY sore.
    The truck, on the other hand, is totaled, or junk. There are a few pieces on it that we will save, like the hub caps, the lake pipes, probably/maybe one rear fender, tail lights, which was amazingly not broken. But the rest is pretty much gone. The frame is bent in the middle. The radiator, air conditioning condenser, is all bad. We will save the visors on the doors, the spotlights, and probably a few other little things on the inside.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that he will be ok, just a long process. Keep him in your prayers. This was his every day driver, now he is without a vehicle to drive. Dusty and Wanda

Attached Files:

2. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Glad to hear that Brian will be ok....you can replace the truck. I keep planning to install a strobe third brake light ....better get cracking on that.

3. edweird

edweird

i'm glad that he is o.k. thank god for that.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dang that sucks!!!!

Wish Brian well for me!! Hope he's able to get back into another truck!!

5. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

WOW! Tell him Jim and Dawn from Branson are thinking of him and if he needs anything at all to give me a call, my number is 417-593-0885. I am the guy that is building the chopped merc in Branson. I am so sorry to hear about his truck, I have looked it over many times and just talked to him a few weeks ago about doing some chrome work for me. He was telling me about doing the canted headlights, sucks about the deal, I hope the guy that hit him had really good insurance, now he just has to get the bastard to pay! Heres to a speeding recovery and a quick replacement to the truck! Jim

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Lights are only good, if the jackass behind you is paying attention. You could have a spotlight back there and Miss 16 on the cell phone will swear she didn't see it. Better to make sure your insurance is current.

I'm glad me came out in one piece. I know the feeling and it sucks!

8. metalix_421

metalix_421

9. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

I liked his truck at the maple leaf car show. Sorry to see it is toast ,wishing him a speedy recovery. Was the guy TEXTING?

10. raidmagic

raidmagic

That sucks. I just added a 3rd brake light to my T-bucket. I don't really care for it but felt like I needed more brake light. I don't see it doing much good in a case like this, if you can't see a big truck stopped that extra light won't help.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

11. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

12. Good to hear he is only a bit sore after the accident and hope he mends quick.

13. pecker head

pecker head

Damn , what a waste !

14. carlboyd

carlboyd
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is sad. Glad he is ok. Hope the soreness passes quickly.

15. You can have tail lights as big as traffic lights but as long as idiots are distracted with cell phones and texting they ain't gonna do any good!

Just glad no one was seriously injured. HRP

16. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Sucks about the truck.....most importantly least the the owner is doing ok....

That said...while it would take some work, looks pretty savable (though requiring total disassembly)

From the outside looking in looks like it would be a good project again....

17. flamed58

flamed58

Thanks. Yes, you can replace the truck, but not the person. He's already thinking about a replacement.

18. flamed58

flamed58

Yes, Thank God. And Thanks for your good thoughts.

19. flamed58

flamed58

Thanks and yes it does suck. He's already thinking about a replacement. So, we'll see what he gets.....

20. flamed58

flamed58

Thanks for thinking of him. Yes, we do hope he has good insurance, I believe he was driving a new or fairly new vehicle. He is very sore, just needs to rest and heal.

21. flamed58

flamed58

Thanks for good thoughts.

22. flamed58

flamed58

Thanks and yes it would be great if people would pay more attention to their driving.

23. flamed58

flamed58

Thanks, he is very lucky!

24. flamed58

flamed58

Thanks for your thought. The Maple Leaf show was a good one. We had a great time, but the truck can always be replaced. My grand daughter/his daughter isn't so sure about that though, she liked that truck a lot. But, she is a Daddy's girl...

25. flamed58

flamed58

Thank You for your thoughts and prayers

26. flamed58

flamed58

27. flamed58

flamed58

Thank You. Hopefully it will be a speedy recovery

28. flamed58

flamed58

Thanks and it is a waste, for everyone. But he's thinking about what to get next.

29. sorry to hear that and glad he is ok i was just looking at how cool truck was going to be when he was finished with it at maple leaf hes in our prayers need anything give us a call

30. flamed58

flamed58

Thank You for you good thoughts