Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stuck on my modell A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by its_a_nick, Feb 1, 2008.

1. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

Hi everyone.
    I am in the progress of rebuilding my 31 after last years testrun. I have pulled most of it apart again to change some stuff and paint it as well as put in a new interier. The problem is now that i just can´t decide on witch colors to go with. The only thing i know is that i have got some more chrome and the motor is silver. I was going to paint the firewall white but i dont know about that either any more.
    Here´s a pic of how it was last summer.

[​IMG]

I have got a new grill insert, a 3 carb setup and probaly go with an exhaust under it instead.
    So if you have any suggestions let me know.
    Thanks

2. Ok-You asked for it! How about a checkered flag firewall?Beautiful car,I am curious about how you are going to get an exhaust system under a car that low.scollops?

3. What were you planning to modify the exhaust? Do you mean pipe it through the cowl? What is the reason for the exhaust change? I kind of like the look.

4. I like the way it looks now! Don't fret about the color. Go with your gut feeling. If you don't like it, well, then you have something to keep you buisy during the next long Swedish winter. Three carbs will look a lot better than that bug catcher.

5. If you paint the firewall,,,go with an off white.

As for the exhaust,,,man they look great. HRP

6. the exaust looks killer the way it is,i would do the fire wall bright white

7. That's a nice ride, would really kick ass with drums and a mech. fan.

8. Tin Can

Tin Can

It seems like greens and golds are the colors that you see a lot of. It seems that blues are popping up a lot too. That car is nice and would look good any color. for a white firwall a dark color would look good

9. damnfingers

damnfingers

Dark blue goes great with silver...

10. llonning

llonning

I like it the way it is!!!!

11. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

I have a old pair of cast iron manifolds from a impala i was thinking of using, the cops over here dont seem to like the exhaust like it is. I have baffles in those ones so it isnt loud at all but they still like the exhaust out the back end of it.
    I might just keep it black and go with the white firewall and silver motor.

12. INXS

INXS

Late 80's G.M. code 21 light blue metallic. Would be perfect.

13. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

I like the headers as well but would vote for an off white fire wall some old ford white or something. the 3 carbs will also go real good, but nice rod.