Register now to get rid of these ads!

stuck flat head HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnyeyeball, Feb 26, 2011.

1. I just picked up an 8BA turn key for my 29 roadster the motor tuns nice. I changed the pumps and pulleys to truck so i can mount it. I put in an 11" clutch and resurfaced the flywheel. Its all bolted up to 39 gearbox.
    Now the help!!! The motor is in and all hooked up and now it will not TURN.
    I checked the clutch and flywheel its all correct
    i have put it in gear and rocked it still wont budge
    I pulled out the plugs starter and fuel pump still no dice...

any suggestions

2. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Is it the correct flywheel? The 8ba is different from the 59ab.

Neal

3. it should still work if its not is what im told

4. I'd say you're pulling it or the trans to check clutch/flywheel. If it turned before you did that, then....

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Tin Indian

Tin Indian

First things first, is the clutch disengaging from the fly wheel? Can you put it in neutral and push the car around freely?

6. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I would have to go outside and check but as I remember it they have a different offset from the crank flange.

Neal

7. yea thats what I'm thinking or I jammed up something putting the front pulley on im sure i have to pull it to be sure

8. the clutch works great but when you disengage it stoppo nothing

9. weathrmn

weathrmn

I Had the same trouble. I had a 59a flywheel on the 8ba engine. It would not move.

10. cool i thought about that because of the offset but i was told the only difference was the rain gear

11. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Are you sure the presser plate has clearance to turn?
    11” don’t clear on some setups.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  12. no I'm not to sure i cant see until i pull the motor but like I said I was told by a couple of people the even know the fly wheel is early and the motor late it should work . I was under the impression that it was late when I got it but I'm not sere if it is an early on or not. if it is an 59A will it keep the motor from turning if the spacing is different form 8BA is true than the pressure plat is hitting the bell housing and the holding the motor in place

13. thanks for the incite