Register now to get rid of these ads!

stromberg regulators

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by XWYNNSGUY, Jul 19, 2011.

1. XWYNNSGUY

XWYNNSGUY

Hi All, The heat is on outside. And has anyone had any luck with those small ajustable fuel regulators on your low pressure carbs? Now that the regulator is in place I don't seem to be getting enough fuel? Just figured I would ask. Thanks, Tom

Attached Files:

2. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Do you have it installed in the proper direction? What's you pressure gauge say?

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

It looks like the one that I put on in 1997 and AFAIK it's still working. I have read about problems with some of the cheap regulators but mine has been just fine. It was an electric pump.

I just realized while thinking about this response that my 2 97s on my Stude engine don't have a regulator. They were on the truck when I got it and working well so I never thought about it. I did rebuild the stock Stude fuel pump and replace the fuel lines that supplies them but they still work fine without a regulator. Just my personal experience.

4. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Use the Holley low pressure regulator, P/N 12-803.

5. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

use the Holey get rid of that cheap chrome one it was nothing but trouble on my 2 97's