Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stromberg Carbs and swap meet pricing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Mar 19, 2024.

?
  1. 25-50

40.0%
  2. 50-75

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 75 and up

60.0%
  1. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Ok, so I was floored by what a guy was asking for a core missing parts small logo 97 at Chickasha pre war swap meet this last weekend. So that got me thinking....

What is the normal swap meet price for cores that you guys are paying?

stromberg-97-carburetor.jpg

2. silent rick

silent rick

depends on condition, large logo, all there and moves freely, some where in the neighborhood of 100 bucks

stubbsrodandcustom likes this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

Good cores that are complete and free, $150 apiece. Less if they're beat up or stuck. I've got a TON of 94's but rebuildable good core 97's are hard to come by.

4. Geography plays a role in the price also .

Tommy

5. alchemy

alchemy

Big logo brings way more money than small, and I prefer the D base.

6. The prices are all over the place. I see some asking prices for 97's up to over $ 200.00 for what I consider to be a core carburetor. The main difference between a small logo 97 and a large logo 97 is the price. People will pay more for the large logo, when functionally the large and small 97's are the same. It is an ego trip. Typically you need to buy 3-5 used 97 carburetors to be able to make a good useable carburetor. Remember these carburetors have been around for more than 75 years, and who knows how many people had their hands on them. I see a of of mismatched 97 and 48 components, and in many cases, the seller doesn't know the difference, and doesn't care. It is nice to find an un-molested 97 with good original color, but it doesn't happen very often.

uncle max likes this.