Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stromberg 97 ( tool ? )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frenchy32, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

I need to remove the main jets from my 97 Stromberg carburetor is there a special tool needed to remove them. Also do we have an expert in the house if I need to send them out to be check in case my problem doesn't go away. The two carb have the brass floats are they ok to use or should I replace them with the plastic one. I have notice that the brass one have dents all over and on the underside ?

Thanks
    Frenchy

2. Uncle Max here on the HAMB sells the best jet tool. Reuse the stock floats, but make sure they have no holes or rips.

3. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Yes, Uncle Max is the guy to contact for whatever your Stromberg needs are.

4. alchemy

alchemy

Again with Uncle Max.

5. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

Uncle max and everyone who responded to my post ThankYou. Uncle Max how much is the tool I need to remove the main jet and also I did check the floats and they do not have any pin holes or cracks. I bought them on e bay a few years ago they look nicely restored. Also what is the setting on the float.

Thanks
    Frenchy

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Like a broken record Uncle Max is THE MAN. The jet wrench he sells is like a piece of jewelry.

Frank