Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Stripped 55 auction (update)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Jan 13, 2018.

1. WTF really

WTF really

Is that what the bid is up to?

2. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Let me get this straight. It was over $10k and it didn't sell? That is just crazy if true.

3. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Well maybe some dumb sucker was just saved from losing $10,000.

Old wolf likes this.
  4. egads

egads

Where did 10 grand come from? Sitting at $3350.00 right now with a couple of hours to go. Why does copart "suck", They don't set a price,it sell's for what the high bid is. ( insurance company might have a reserve on it , but not copart )

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. oldolds

oldolds

Someone will have to watch the auction to catch the final price. Copart does not show completed auction results like Ebay.

6. Joined: Nov 15, 2006
    Start a ConversationProfile Page
    low budget
    from Central Ky

9200 knockin on 10k with no sale date even posted yet ------- Low budget posted this on page two. Copart will not let you load after you buy it. They charge you $60 so they can do furthur damage to the vehicle with a forklift. If that don't suck nothing does.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  7. supposively it was $9200 according to what low budget posted?

8. fuzzface

fuzzface

Up to $6600 now but the first time I was watching it when this post was started it was up to $10,300 and I went to check 2 days later and it wasn't listed anymore.

Trying to sign in but for some reason they are saying my name or password is wrong(at copart) but i'm looking right at it where I had it written down. I might be able to catch the end if I get in and I will let you all that are working what the out come is. Staying in out of the rain babying an old injury today.

egads likes this.
  9. egads

egads

Not trying to start an argument, Done this several times- yes,they bring them out with a forklift, put it down, you load it.

10. egads

egads

Sold for $8700.

low budget likes this.
  11. fuzzface

fuzzface

ok, I had to watch as a spectator and not as a member. Found out my D.L. on file with them is expired when I got my new one last year. I guess I wasn't there last year at all.

Anyways there was 3 states represented, Mi. Il. and the winner was from Kentucky at $8700

12. fuzzface

fuzzface

Anyone noticed the '55 210 at the Ca. copart? Was appraised at a little over $38,000 but I couldn't recognize it at all. Just a burned up pile of metal mess. I would have had no clue what it was without being told.

13. Ghost28

Ghost28

Well. I guess i will have to keep the one I am working on and be happy.

egads likes this.
  14. egads and Bruce Fischer like this.
  15. fuzzface

fuzzface

Don't forget that $8700 is without all the added fees that copart adds on too.

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Well maybe if it went to Kentucky I will see it again.
    First auction where it was bringin over 10k disappeared for those (like me sometime) that dont read the whole thread:D

'56 150 likes this.
  17. Was bidding on a box truck - OT it's just for storage I bid it up to $350....my bid didn't get it....sooo they listed it again and again....I was always the high bid at $350....sooo they finally took me out as I wasn't a dealer - they listed it as dealer only..it bid up to $375....it sold on 'condition".....which is sayin' it might just show up again....it's a non-runner - a 1977 Ford F350....funny Co-Part stuff.....

rmorris likes this.
  18. I attend a lot of auctions. I will not participate in auctions that charge buyers fees. Or have extra fees tacked on .
    Or play funny stuff games. The game they play is they shill bid and then hope someone jumps in and buys it.