Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Stripped 55 auction (update)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Jan 13, 2018.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Saw this on Copart, in Michigan,future auction, I would love to have it but in short dont see it happening, so thought I would give a heads up to guys here who might be interested.
    What will it bring? 10 to 15k?
    Willys in pics too(probably glass?) in back ground but didnt see it listed.
    upload_2018-1-13_10-22-21.jpeg
    Thoughts?

crashfarmer, mad mikey, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Auction says missing/altered VIN, comes with OH certificate of title.
    Looks like the thieves took only the engine/trans, wheels/tires? Paint/body looks good, save for the yanked trunk lock cylinder. At least they didn't slash the interior, break the glass, etc. Left the nice headers. It's ready for an engine trans, wheels and tires and the road...
    Thanks for sharing. Somoene will buy it and put it back in service.

https://www.copart.com/lot/26881697/Photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

That's really cool , but I don't think it will bring that much. Maybe 8,000 tops. Depends on who is looking. SAD

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

Glad I don't live around there. With your second post it mught go for more tha 8,000

5. Current bid - 425.00. HRP

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  6. Anyone see when the action ends me and my dad are in the market.

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

I didn't see an 'end date' either. Interesting, open ended auction?

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Is this open to the public or do you have to have a salvage / re builder licence?

9. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Do you have to have a business to register with copart?

10. My has a construction company if that counts. Or is this dealer auction?

11. According to the listing...

"Regarding Lots NOT assigned to an auction.
    These vehicles are NOT assigned to an auction yet. All Title processing required to sell these vehicles has been completed and submitted to the proper titling authority. Copart is waiting for DMV processing to be completed. When DMV processing is completed, these vehicles will be assigned to an actual sale. Any members bidding on these vehicles will be notified by email when the vehicle is assigned to a sale."

12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

We use to to buy from are local coparts.
    You had to be registered and have a salvage and or re builder licence.
    I think a car dealer licence would get you in also.

bobwop likes this.
  13. Okay I don't have a dealer or Salvage Builder license we're building a strip only Gasser and there's a lot of sweet Parts there that we could use.

14. From the Copart site...

"Business licenses may be required to purchase certain vehicles. See the Licensing Overview for more information. If you do not have business licenses and wish to work with a Broker please select the Broker checkbox in the form below."

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Maybe some great parts but I wouldn't get your hopes up on winning that auction at a price to get parts out of it. If the title issue cleans up, I'd bet that a 55 in that condition will be bid up beyond a price point above it's parts by folks that are planning to drop an engine/trans, wheels/tires in it on a long weekend and have themselves a new driver. It even has a radiator, exhaust and (somewhat dicked up) wiring left in it.

low budget and bobwop like this.
  16. Totally if the title gets cleaned by the DMV then its a car again and we wouldn't do that to it any ways. The body would shot our project really far ahead thats what I was thinking. We have a few 55's so were always looking.

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yeah, you never know. Follow this one to see where it goes. Perhaps you can hook up with someone with a license that, for a fee will bid on it for you on your behalf (so long as they're not bidding on it)? Someone clearly stole it for the engine rather than 55 parts.

18. oldolds

oldolds

There are brokers who will work with you if you do not want to register with Copart. Probably the best thing to do for a one time purchase. There are links to them on Copart site, I believe. Read their rules and fee schedule, they don't hide much info and they are strictly by the rules. I buy rebuildables from them at times. You can set up different levels of membership and rules vary by state. I can usually only buy PA vehicles.

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It depends on the state the vehicle is in. In Al, you have to have a dealers or rebuilders license to bid on them, not sure but I think you can bypass that by going through a broker. In other states, anybody can bid, or could the last time I looked . I know a guy here that buys from them all the time, he has a dealer's license, he told me anytime I found something I wanted to let him know and he'd bid on it for me.

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

They will eventually post a date when its to be auctioned, I know a dealer/salvage yard owner who buys later model stuff and I have bought stuff through him many times even before the salvage auctions were online.
    I have listened to the copart sale with a rambling auctioneer on line, auction moves quickly so one needs to be prepared, or thats the way it was not long ago when I listened to it.
    As recommended,I would get someone who is eligible and experienced to bid.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  21. fuzzface

fuzzface

Looks like it has a good Ohio title to me but the vin on the vehicle is missing/altered. First time I saw it was at $525 but up to $1600 now.

22. flatford39

flatford39

Don't be surprised that the original owner has a pocketful of insurance money from the settlement and will use part of that to get the car back if he can.

23. fuzzface

fuzzface

Wonder if we have Hambers bidding? Seem to be moving fast up to $4700 already.

'56 150 likes this.
  24. williebill

williebill

Learned a long time ago... find something cool on Ebay, etc., don't say shit until after I've won the auction.
    Last thing I want is you losers with more money than me bidding against me.
    Like I told my ex during our divorce, "every time you open your mouth, it costs you money."

Nailhead Jason and Mr48chev like this.
  25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looks like its tryin to show where the missing vin would have been on the door jamb maybe but thats where the hardtops were, the sedans were on the windshield/roof post

bobwop likes this.
  26. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

A major consideration for those of us at distance would be shipping. Very difficult to find a shipper who will do a roller only vehicle. Someone in the region with a set of tires on 5 x 4 3/4 rims and trailer would be the ideal candidate. Good luck to anyone here going for it.

27. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Did you miss this? Some guys still wouldnt say anything even if they knew they couldnt buy it.:D

Nezzy51 likes this.
  28. Several Hamb haulers will move non running cars & trucks,I know racinman will. HRP

29. williebill

williebill

Yeah, missed that, oops. Good for you to throw it into the HAMB bullring, and let the fun begin....

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vin may not be altered, it may just not be in the current format that computers want.
    VB55S224934 is the shown vin and that says V8 55 built in St Lewis and the production number. That jives with standard 55 Chevy vin format.

Currently bid to 4700 as I type this. No closing time shown as said before.