Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stretching a Model A Hood....continued

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob 1743, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

x2

I think Bob's intent here was to let us learn through his experience, and we did.

I imagine he believed it would work out much better than maybe it did in the end.

Unlike Bob's I'm betting many of the tech posts here are finished before the first photo ever hits the board.

So good on Bob for giving it a shot his way. Its his hood to fuck up, and I don't think any of us are running out to the shop to duplicate his methods.

2. jan bogert

jan bogert

why not, i got 2 gallons of plastic.

3. bobscogin

bobscogin

Why?

Bob

4. Fenders

Fenders

I was gonna post similar to fleet's above ---- Chris's in post 103 looks good (as does all his work) as does metalsurgeons's in post 146 but neither has the hinge. I'd guess you could cut either of theirs down the center and put in the hinge but Bob did it his way -- isn't that what hot rodding is all about?

5. F&J

F&J

I stand by what I said. I don't see friendly tones here on a few posts in this thread. Dragging the guy through the dirt.

When I ask for help on hamb, as when others do, we may get 10 different suggestions on how to do the same job, from 10 people with different skill levels or tools.

That is so great, because maybe the person needing help, has only the tools and skills to do it in just one suggestion.

This high and mighty "metal fish" attitude stuff and the digs from others that think it is the only "acceptable" way to do a job, makes the less skilled, less tools people, hesitant to post any suggestion on hamb. Screw that...meaning, who needs this place if it gets to that highest skill level on every thread? At that point, it would just be pros kissing each others butts.

I just metal finished a chinese baby moon that got smashed during the build. It's paper thin. I figured maybe I could make it presentable rather than order a new set of 4. Surprised myself, and it's as good as the pros on here. But, I don't metal finish any body parts that will be painted, I don't see the need. My car will look fine, and who is anyone on here, to say it's not acceptable? End of rant.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think this one is playyyyed out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.