Register now to get rid of these ads!

streetrod class

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jan bogert, Sep 8, 2013.

1. jan bogert

jan bogert

so today Sandy and I went to a car show. we took the '31 coupe and came back with the 1st place in the streetrod class.:)

Attached Files:

2. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's always nice to be recognized.

4. jan bogert

jan bogert

its the traditional hot rod model a with a '38 flathead. that's the ticket.

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

That's right - good showing . Love the flatty , BTW .

The way you worded it (or maybe the way I read it) - you're suprised it was in the Street Rod class ?? Just curious ...

6. brady1929

brady1929

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Put some wheels and tires on that thing man.

8. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

At lease they didn't put you in the Rat Rod class.:rolleyes:

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I would say Hot Rod and yes congrats...as it was mentioned a wheel change would really step that car back where it belongs.

10. yup

11. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

12. jan bogert

jan bogert

i'll look into some '35's, or steelies. what do u guy's think would look best?

13. HELLMET

HELLMET

40 ford 16s 700s rear 600 front. black or white wall firestones would change that car 100% awesome full fender hot rod.

14. Killer............sans wheels and tires.

15. Congrats! Most of the audience here would vote for a nice set of steel wheels with 'Stones in a staggered configuration (me included), but YOU own the car and YOU must be happy with it as well! Have fun with it and make it your own, whatever you decide!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  16. Good for you!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

40's. 4"x16 in front with some 500/525's 4 1/2"x16 in back with some 750's. lots of polished/chrome on the engine, maybe some wide whites for a 50's style car?

18. Congrats and great lookin ride ya have there. Love the flatty..
    I also vote for a wheel change to more of and ole hot rod look to go along with that flatty.:)

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Congratulations! I like it when a show even has a "street rod" class. Most break things up by year or make, and the good stuff doesn't get recognized for what it really is! Hotrod or Streetrod class is a good place for traditional cars.

20. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

At least an old car won the street rod class,i was at a local show put on by a fire department,guess what won best street rod,A freakin 2006 Chrysler 300?,I could not believe it?. Harvey

21. 327Eric

327Eric

Congrats. Now for my opinion on a wheel change. Chrome reverse and wide whites. 15's in the rear, 14's in the front. get that late 50's early 60's vibe to go with the color

22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Anything would be an improvement. Steelies would be spot on, but only if you drop the front end about 5" and the rear 4".

Maybe someone could photoshop your car with different rolling stock and the suspension lowered.

That great looking Flatty would stand out better if you did some clean up by relocating the solenoid, etc. off the firewall. Maybe relocate the horn too.

23. Congratulations on the award,the car would look more attractive to most of us with wires,steelies or Hildebrand's,,it would be a more traditional route to take. HRP

24. Steelies, wires are hard to pull of in my opinion. Lower it too.

25. I guess ya know by now how everyone including myself likes spending your money on here...:D

Where was the show by the way?

26. Nice car. Looks like you're no stranger to winning trophies, there appear to be a few more on the work bench.

27. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I get used to seeing our interpretation of traditional hot rods and these days they need to be low. I like the look of the down low without looking broken but go back and look at the Model A's over the years. Many of them were the same as the one here. I would like to see it with some steel 16" rims on it and see how it looks. It is sometimes refreshing to see something a little different while still following the traditional style.

I don't remember who's it is but back a few months there was a Model A couple that a guy had got ahold of that was earlier his older brother's. The pictures from back in the day showed it as being far from low. I will do some digging and see if I can find that thread.

Anyway, congratulations on your award and nice car.

(added)
    I found the thread that I mentioned above. Take a look at the picture from back in the day. I like the look.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776575

Neal

28. dan31

dan31

Car has the right vibe, wheels and tire will take it to the next level!:D

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on the award. They are always best when you don't expect to get one.

I'd have to agree that the wheels look more like the "bargain set of aluminum wheels" that the tire store had on sale rather than having put a lot of thought into what wheels would really look perfect with the rest of the car. I can't knock the radials though as I am more interested in driving my cars hard and not having tire trouble or having to replace a 1200 $ set of tires every 20K.

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Nice to be a winner, but I absolutely hate trophys. Stupid dust collectors, car shows should give away usable awards.