Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Street rod shop Kalama WA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scoop, Apr 24, 2020.

1. scoop

scoop

Anybody deal with these guys? They have a good deal on a steering wheel I like. Good or bad? Thanks.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got a name? I live 20 miles away. Kalama is a little town, I didn't know there was a shop there. Elvis ate at a diner there...so it says on the building.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

It must be true ...:p

4. pitman

pitman

Him & Lewis, and Clark!

5. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Just me, or does it look/sound a little "Hoffman Group" related? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I clicked on the "About Us" link on the web site and this is all I got:
    Thanks for your interest in STREETRODSHOP.
    We will be adding extra features over the next few months, so come back regularly.
    You can contact us at: 360.833.0298 or shoot us an e-mail at
    [email protected]

Normally when you look at the about us testimonial they have info about how long they've been in business and that they are real gear heads or something like that. Makes you wonder but maybe they are just getting their web site up and running and they haven't had time to load it with a lot of info yet.

8. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, I met Kyle before at Longbeach Rod Run around 5 years back. He sets up his booth at every show around. I cant recall buying from him but a nice guy. His stuff is a bit too street-roddy for me (halo lights and LEDs) but the guy has been around for many years. I didn't know he had a store front in Kalama. I don't know if Elvis shopped there or not. And Lewis and Clark? Fake news, never happened. They got as far as Boise and turned around I hear.

Hotrodmyk and pitman like this.
  10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Maybe that's where they had the camas root encounter!:eek:

11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-4-24_16-5-59.png Vnak photo

Hello,

We ate lunch in Kalama and scoured the whole town from south to north. It was a stop over from our room in Vancouver, WA on one, week long, road trip several years ago. Why would we stop at a little funky town off of the I-5 freeway? Well, the film, Twilight was filmed there and we had to stop and see the location.

"In 2008, a movie scout requested Kalama High School as the stand-in for the book’s Forks school. As a 1930s Works Progress Administration (WPA) project, the Kalama structure has a classic look that producers were seeking. Summit Entertainment producers agreed to rent the facility and cover any cosmetic improvements."

upload_2020-4-24_15-45-2.png Kalama High School parking lot in the film.

It was a nice little town that would normally be blasted by, going 80 on the I-5 freeway, on the way to the upper Northwest's San Juan Islands destinations.
    upload_2020-4-24_15-57-8.png
    The Street Rod Shop is "will call only," meaning a million things, like a rental place, they don't want anyone traipsing around their home or buildings, and/or there is no actual storefront in town, etc. If the license is in Vancouver, WA. that city is to the south on the freeway a few minutes drive.

Jnaki
    So, if memory serves us correct, when we were in that cool little town, Kalama, there was no hot rod shop that we saw, other than old cars and trucks. But, the one thing they have going for it is the flowing river and everything was green, in the middle of summer. A very consistent weather pattern, rainy, sunny, rainy, etc.

warbird1 likes this.
  12. scoop

scoop

That's what I was thinking,that's why I asked.

13. jaracer

jaracer

Is't this the group that also had Chevy's of the 40's? I know they have a show room in Vancouver.

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

No, Chevs/40's is Ron Wades' biz.

Ranchero59 likes this.
  16. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

No

17. scoop

scoop