Register now to get rid of these ads!

Street Rod Nationals Meet & Greet!! (Louisville)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuel10922, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Can't wait, I'm leaving work wed nite will be there thur morning!

2. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Looking forward to it. See you there Friday. I'm the old fat guy with the '28 Ford.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  3. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

You just described half of us!!!

4. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

I should be there sometime during the week,I only live about 10-15 min from there so I hope to make the meet and greet this year.Last year I had a booth so I didnt get to walk around at all but this year I didnt feel like paying 1300 bucks for a booth BUT if anyone wants there car pinstriped while there in town PM me and we can arrange something,That is if we dont was away in a flood first.

5. DropMobNKY

DropMobNKY

There is a 100% chance and Janet, Gauge, and I will be there in the '47 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

6. Labold

Labold

I don't have anything old enough to get through the gates right now, guess I'll have to park the old black Chevy in the parking lot with the Camrys and Hondas. Think I could disguise my 57 to look like a T-bucket?

7. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Where do we pick up our registration stuff this year? I heard it isn't at Cardinal Stadium.

8. kriscad

kriscad
    from Nashville

Look at the rain they are getting right now!

We will be leaving Friday AM.

9. paintcan54

paintcan54

Same place as far as I know have not heard anything differant.

10. smithchassisandmetalworks

smithchassisandmetalworks
    from louisville

be very aware guys that it is now 152 pm and we have some serious flooding going on, please stay out of town until tomorrow atleast! we have another front coming through this afternoon. If you have to come into town, stay out of the central avenue churchill downs area, and other low lying areas! check out our local news affiliates for more wave3.com, wlky.com, whas11.com, fox41.com please be safe guys!

11. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

What is going on down there? I'm getting calls of flooding and LOTS of rain? Are the fairgrounds flooded yet?

12. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I live here in Indy and it's a mess... raining like hell and it looks like it's here to stay for a while. I hope it all clears out by Thursday.

13. Just talked to family in louisville an rain is still coming down.Registration is at Papa Johns stadium thats also were they are parking trucks an trailers,for now its holding water an so is eveything around UofL criettenden drive along with churchhill doens area.Should be cleared out by wednesday??So be careful.

14. smithchassisandmetalworks

from louisville

the fairgrounds is not currently flooded that i have seen may make a call here to the local kfec office, like i SAID STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM PAPA JOHNS CARDINAL STADIUM AS POSSIBLE ill keep this updated as much as I can!

15. smithchassisandmetalworks

from louisville

i would say everything will be clear by thursday, there will still be some wet spots but the water will subside by then

16. paintcan54

paintcan54

The wife and I will be heading down after work tomorrow. Staying out off I-64 South, seems like every year that Louisville gets hit by bad weather around the Nats and during. The year it flooded the fairgrounds we left early to head home, hope it's not a repete of years past. We wish everybody well in Louisville. Hope to see everybody at the meet and greet.

17. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Thanks for all the updates guys. We should be leaving tomorrow morning from middle, TN but i'll def check on here to see if any updates have been posted.

18. Chainshot

Chainshot

Looks like downtown is flooded. But the show is around the airport, right ? How is it there ?

19. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

next year you can come right on in:rolleyes: which i have no prob with,but a 1980....sheeeessss now back to the flooding. more info!!!!!

20. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

The weather channel is showing the worst areas they can find. It is going down pretty quick. The worst places are real close to registration. Should be OK by wed. afternoon. Thursday for sure. I know a lot of guys like to park in the grass area by the swap meet, forget about it unless you have a 4x4.

21. smithchassisandmetalworks

from louisville

on a side note about all the 30 year rule comments... i realize im an fng here and my opinion means null but anyways, I dont see the problem if they are nice vehicles like for instance an 80 camaro with a nice set of wheels like 18 and 20 inch billet specialties that has a nice stance and a nice engine shouldnt be a problem. if they control the shit boxes coming in i dont see where there would be an issue... now the first time i see a fuckin box chevy with a coors light logo on it with some 26s somebody is getting stabbed in the throat with a plastic spork... but look at it this way... most of those wont come in and even if they do they will leave immediately when they see there are over 50000 "whiteys" there lol

22. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Yeah but you never knows whos gonna pull their pieces of shit out of a barn and slap some wheels on and come right on in...and theres no way to control it. Some 1980 wagon with 18s does not compare to a well built rod in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

23. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Stan, I'mm gonna try like hell to pop in for a little bit, can't stay long this year as we are heading to Florida on Friday for a FAMN DAMILY VacaTIOn . So if I can talk the crew into a little pit-stop I will call ya when I get there... Ryan

24. Give me a call bro you have my cell#.

Calling for 40% chance of rain on Thursday. Friday-Sunday looks like hot and humid.

25. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Oh, we'll call it a Barn Find...I can't wait to find a 79 Merc, Bobcat wagon with the round quarter panel bubble window...Stylin I'd say! 2010 Street Rod Nats here I come. They played this shit many years ago brought out every street machine from all around, problem was, lots of problem children running over people ,1/4 mile long burn outs and then no city would invite them back. If we all just drive Bobcat wagons with 2300 Pinto motors we'll all be just Peachy. God save the Queen!

26. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

well i didn't mean to get this on a1980 cut off bash,cause hell i got a 80 malibu wagon myself. lets get back to meet/greet and more importantly flooding. any info about the expo area?

27. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

Hoping to meet some of you this week , we will get in around noon on Wednsday.

28. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I rode around the fairgrounds tonight, no problems at all. The water went down quick. Just parts of town were hit real bad. Watching the weather today you would think all of Louisville was under water. Its not that bad.

29. You could always bring her with you, she doesn't need to be a HAMBer too.:D