Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Street-Parked Squarebird

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.Ukrop, Jun 7, 2024.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Street-Parked Squarebird

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Very cool! I bet it’s a new purchase that’s been sitting on those old white walls a while. Some new rollers and time to cruise! I bet
    You see it around all summer.

Sharpone likes this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

Or they scrubbed the crap out of those old tires when they noticed someone taking a picture of it. Neat car, nice to see one actually out and getting driven.

Sharpone and Just Gary like this.
  4. There is a squarebird (59?) nearby in San Bruno. I see it regularly, and it is for sale. It could be turned into a great mild custom with little more than a paint job.

Sharpone likes this.
  5. That thing looks hauntingly familiar. One of the guys in my car club moved to CA and worked for Gambino. He moved back to New England and went out on his own. He built this probably 11 or so years ago. I saw it in person in NJ and had the biggest boner for it. It was also for sale and well out of my bank account balance.

upload_2024-6-7_9-20-5.png

6. Spooky

Spooky

Man I like that!!

Sharpone likes this.
  7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when I was a kid and my parents were looking for a used car we looked at one of those and I thought it was like a spaceship inside. white with a tan interior. we ended up with a 66 Caprice. I was 8 or 9

Sharpone likes this.
  8. Slick34

Slick34

Back in 1965 my buddy had a 59' Squarebird. Very sharp looking T-Bird, couldn't miss it in a crowd, painted "Persimmons" black interior, no wheel covers, black wheels with Wide Whites. He let me drive it to my Senior Prom with my future wife! What a night, I had a smile from ear to ear! Fun times......

9. A Boner

A Boner

Still think the 4 passenger T-Bird was a mistake, but that’s a slick looking car!

Sharpone likes this.
  10. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Those are such easy cars to make into cool customs. I'm still surprised that they aren't worth more money. They have been trending up lately..but what hasnt.

Sharpone likes this.
  11. I think this post should be more about seeing an old car actually on the road and parked on the street like it's being used as a daily..........that's exciting to me. My girl friend meet an older couple in the neighborhood that has a '59 Impala convertible years ago, she complemented them on their car and they were happy she knew what it was. She explained that we had some old cars, they remembered when we moved into the area decades ago because of them. Fast forward to a couple of years ago she was walking past the house again and noticed Falcon in the driveway, it was the daughters car and she was visiting from northern California. Turns out the car bug runs in the family and the daughter is around our age.

Sharpone and jnaki like this.