Register now to get rid of these ads!

Street Legal FEDs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcm65, Mar 14, 2011.

1. carshopowner

carshopowner

I posted this locally through an e-mail list I have of freinds (I'm from Rochester, Henrietta is a suburb) and got a couple of replies;

Number one

Dang Glenn, I haven't thought about Bob for quite some time. He's a friend from a loooooong time ago and another of the characters that used to call Bob and Carl Austin's shop their second home. Bob was an auto shop teacher at Jefferson High and utilized that facility to whack the street dragster together. If I'm not mistaken, the cop shown in the photo is Al Yarton, another of the Austin crew. We were a varigated crew, for certain.

Bob kind of got out of hot rods a little later in life and graduated to military vehicles, such as tanks and landing crafts - with fully working armament!!! What a gas. He also got into Rolls-Royces and would drive them around as his every day car - which was a hoot as they were right-hand drive.<O:p

Anyway, it was great to see Bob and his street dragster again. Thanks for the memory...<O:p

John<O:p

number two

Glenn,<O:p

Small world!<O:p

I taught science at Jefferson HS in Rochester with Bob Brody starting in 1966. He was the shop teacher there. This car was built in the shop as were several other cars of Bob's. He was a real character! In college he built a Chevy engine in his dorm room! <O:p

I used the shop on weekends to paint a '23 T in green metal flake. I also fabbed a couple of different headers for the '23 in that shop.<O:p

And Bob did drive the dragster on the street and drove it to school on several occasions. You can bet the kids in his class had first hand experience in building rods

I have a 100 stories of "back in the day" Just have to find some tome to write them down.<O:p

Gary<O:p

Number three

That was built by bob who was the auto shop teacher at Jefferson High at the time. Its on a dragmaster frame that he purchased from Peter Geib.<O:p
    The pictures were posed for CarCraft magazine.<O:p
    I rode in the car a number of times and it was a blast.<O:p
    Dick

Just thought I would share.

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

3. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I've seen that Harley powered FE rail around Indy. Did it ever make a pass at IRP?

4. Yes !! Dave Brackett car was awesome. McMullen room mate ? Wow !! Mike Minette did my IFS work. That was a crazy black and evil digger he had....Chopt 34 has it now. Chris Ito. Old thread, DALLAS history ! Just dredging up some of Mike's stuff....and found Dave. Wonder what the endpoint was for his roadster ?

5. Chris Ito found my old funny car this spring, April, 2017, it's now back in my garage/shop waiting on a BBC being built.
    FC.jpg

6. OLE442

OLE442

I know this is a really old thread, but I was doing a search here for "Bill Fredricks Rail" and this thread came up. I have always searched the net to see if I could ever see one of these restored but no luck! I even wrtoe Jay Leno telling him that he needed one for his collection. No reply. Any rate, I remember when I saw this car in a car magazine as a teenager and never forgot it. My younger brother saved the article and a for sale ad that Bill Fredricks placed in a magazine. I wonder how many were actually made and figure most were scavenged for the Cammer engine! Here is what I have:

7. OLE442

OLE442

8. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

OLE442 likes this.
  9. OLE442

OLE442