Register now to get rid of these ads!

street beast 33 vicky car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldeguy, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldeguy

oldeguy

Considering buying a 33 vicky that was a street beast car. Its totally assembled Ford powered. Did read a thread that was not to favorable for the street beast kits...what do owner and others have to say about the cars? :rolleyes:

2. pecker head

pecker head

They don't look right ! Ugly grills !

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I looked at buying one an one time, then I really looked at it close. I was not happy with fit and the over all look. From a distance they are fine when you compare to any other aftermarket car they don,t come close. Also the frames on every one I have looked at since looks like it was built in 7th grade high school welding shop. You should up the money for any other one and be much happier. I am not sure they are true to actual size and design like the other companies. Look around you will find a lot of builders and see what they are using.

4. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

I think you would have a tough time if you ever decided you wanted to sell it.

5. they are the biggest piece of shit i have ever seen ..don't even consider it , run away from it

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You are in the wrong place mister. Shitty kit cars have their own forums, I suggest you go there.

7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

A buddy and I have talked a bunch about building one as a daily driver painted up just like the California kid would be cool. . We agreed since they are a cheap, crappy kit car, we wouldn't feel bad putting a junkyard motor and a Maaco paint job on it. It would be a year round driver here in Minnesota...Rain, Sleet, Snow, whatever! We'd just put SNOW TIRES on the steelies in the winter!

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Run from that POS...

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Buying a ShitBeast would be the biggest mistake you ever made in your life. Did you ever wonder why every one of them is for sale? The worst POS there is. If you do buy it you'll have it the rest of your life.

10. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

I built one of their 41 willys and it was a real piece of crap the fit and finish was horrible and just as someone else said the frame is very elementry in design and also construction. They talk a good talk but just cannot walk the walk. For the money the guy wants for the car you would be better off buying something else.

11. A 3rd grader could desing a better car.

12. And maybe get the proportions right!

13. moter

moter

A friend of mine here in Austin has one to assemble for a customer....that was started by someone else. He is in for alot of work to get it to look half way descent. Everything about the car looks "cheap" and poorly designed. Something about a car that orginally had removeable fenders and running boards and now is all one piece.........just looks bad

14. roddinron

roddinron

That's a hell of an answer to a simple question!
    You're new here, stick around and read and learn as much as possible, just as you're doing now, THEN buy a car. Street Beasts suck, not just the quality of the car, but from what I heard, they went bankrupt once and left a lot of people "holding the bag".
    There are a lot of people here who have glass cars (not me though) who seem very satisfied with them, just not street beasts. That said, you will ALWAYS get some grief from some people here and elsewhere for owning a glass car, no matter how nice it is. I sorta resent them a little myself.
    Oh yeah, look at one of their ads sometime, they show cars with white letter tires and weird graphics and other out of touch things, if they don't even know what a cool car is, how can they manufacture one?

Gman0046 likes this.
  15. I have a neighbor with 58K in one - without paint or interior yet. He just loves it.

He also wouldn't know a '34 Ford if one drove straight up his ass.

JH

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

We need photos!

17. Nads was right, look at oldguys avatar, he might be a perfect Street Beast owner!

18. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

By looking at your avatar :rolleyes:
    you may already own a few KIT CARS ...

Street Beast Vicky's are the Rodhey Dangerfield of street tod kits ( they get NO RESPECT ) ... Nothing and I mean nothing off a original 33 Ford fits. The body is all one piece ... which means you are tied to Street Beast for parts if you are ever in a wreck. The company has had legal problems ( documented ) for years. The places has a very low reputation for service and telling the truth. Shipping parts is also a big issue. The quality of the cars is terrible. They are cheaply made ... and there are always a bunch of them for sale on eBay and other online car sales sites. In fact, they generally out number the original 33/34 Fords for sale ...

Do a little looking around and you will RUN from a StreetBeast pile of poo

19. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Pure TRASH!!!!

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Kit cars suck, even well built ones suck, they are phoney baloney. Most cars at NSRA shows are kit cars IMHO. Oldeguy already owns two of 'em, he has just chosen to enquire about the Dollar Store variant.

They are made in Florida, this should be reason enough to stay the fuck away from them.

I wish people would actually look at the HAMB before jumping two feet into the fire by asking dumb ass questions, and I honestly can't think of one single thing more unwelcome than a Street Beast, even the name Street Beast evokes something unsavory.

We were set up right in front of their booth one year in Daytona, and I have to say the oiliness of their salespersons and the gullibility of their potential customers made for some hilarious conversations.

21. oldeguy

oldeguy

Well...I see the forum doesn't like this manufacture, nor it seam anything made in FLA, other states I should be aware of?

I would like to say I did search "street beast 33 vicky car" and found one posting? This is the reason for my posting...guess I should have searched better.

Would also like to comment on Nads vision of looking at a avitar and determining the manufactures of the cars...what an eye!

I also need some help locating this "shitty kit car" forum, did google it, could not find it...Nads comments is fourth on the google hit list!

Thanks for the help...would also like to say this is a pretty though forum.

;)

22. Buy it for $2500 pull the driveline, wheels and tires and some accessory's off it and take the rest to the scrap yard and they will probably give ya a couple hun the the rest. Then buy a GOOD body and chassis and build a REAL CAR
    :cool::confused::cool:

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Well Nads is in FL, so he would know....

But truthfully they are low quality cars. They have horrible fit and finish. Low quality components. And '33 parts DO NOT fit. You're much better off spending your money elsewhere. Even in FL...

24. oldeguy , don't take any of it personally. you did ask for our opinions, right? the words "street beasts" brings up bad thoughts amongst us on a traditional hot rod forum. i actually had to tone down my original post so i didn't piss you off too bad

i see you have some neat stuff , although not Hamb friendly..if you want to get into a hot rod , you have come to the right place. sit back , read and learn and don't be afraid to ask questions. we will steer you straight. you may want to go to a few events , meet a few builders and pick their brains too . as you learn more about this stuff you will see that we are correct on the Street Beasts

welcome to the hamb

25. gaschevy

gaschevy
    BANNED

You can't get a decent answer on this site if your new because of all the know it all asswipes. Half of them can't spell and the other half probably married their sisters. You can"t win so just lurk like 75% of the other people. If you notice it's always the same one's with the shitty responses.

26. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Nothing about a Street beast has anything in common with a hot rod. Quite honestly they are really goofy looking in person. You're right, this is a tough forum, but the standard here is a little higher and everyone benefits from it. If you have some thick skin and can hang through it, you'll find this forum more benificial than others...

27. yeah , i really hate those that think they know it all.....it makes us who DO look bad.. LOL

28. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

no, i 110% agree with Nads - this guy isnt in the right place - like walkin into an mc clubhouse with chaps and a HOG patch and askin where to park his Goldwing - guess nuthin wrong with it, just in wrong place
    oldeguy if you want to figure out what we are about, and then check back cool - it wont be hard to realize why we are responding this way - wont find any of us on your kit car forum lookin to be respected - if you did 2 minutes of reviewing the forum before posting you would have realized this

29. sledish

sledish

You can spot a Street Beast a mile away, and thats as close as I wanna get to one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.