Register now to get rid of these ads!

StrayKat 500 KICKS-ASS - pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, May 5, 2008.

1. bigken

bigken

WOW - pretty well sums it up. With the weather, the folks, the rides, the music, in all the right proportions, made for the perfect rod-run recipe. Next year, I can only imagine.
    Casey and I headed out, Friday morning about 6:30am. I guess the worst part of the drive from Dallas to Dewey, was that damn wind. It must have been blowing 50mph from the west. I don't like suprise lane changes. Rolled into town about 11:30, got rooms, and headed out to the parking lot, that was already filling up well. Said hi to some old friends, and some new ones.
    Poker run was in downtown Bartlesville. Felt kinda weird hangin' with Casey, and hittin' these 'foo-foo' shops and such. Never could get the name of the chick that laid THAT ONE out....hehehehe. Had a good time doing that, and Mick and gang had great awards and 'cash' prizes. Cash is a good thing, and 4-queens/ace high, makes for a killer hand.:D THAT was a first.
    Time to head to Jesse's shop for the Friday night feast. Imagine, smoked hot-dogs, all the fixin', then some. They had a complete frame rack filled down one side with dogs, chips, and anything else you could think of, and the other side was full of desserts. All kinds of cars were rolling in, and I mean, all kinds. Thanks to all that put that on, great time of fellowship and checkin' out the rides.
    This custom, was stunning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chef Duke at work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One gorgeous Chevy Panel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Flame me if ya want, but we've all seen them slammed. This was a quality wagon. Late model chassis, BBC, under a flawless wagon body. It is put together right. Has been off-roaded often.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    '57 Interior.
    [​IMG]
    After that, parking lot party time. Someone was too damn lazy to take pictures that night, so imagine a Monkey driving a bucket! :eek:
    Next morning, out to Dewey for the show.

2. bigken

bigken

Sweet Custom 'Edsel/Ranchero'...........
    [​IMG]
    This paint job is a 'must-see-in-bright-sunlight', to be appreciated. Pics don't do it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fellow Torque member, Casey. He's gotta kickass Merc, and guards my truck, well.
    [​IMG]
    '3W-Larry' and 'T-Town-Track-T' stopped in for a visit.
    [​IMG]
    Larry, if the shoe fits...................
    [​IMG]
    Sweet '34.
    [​IMG]
    Nice BLue 'T'.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    'C' Cab.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sweet flame job.
    [​IMG]

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Didn't get to meet you but I saw you around, but looked busy. Man what a great show huh!

4. pecker head

pecker head

Dang ! nice pic's ! I gotta start getting out more ! Larry you sitting on a Sears catalog in big Ken's truck ?

5. bigken

bigken

Survivor...................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I could have used this...........:eek: (later)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pushrod Danny's BBC Pickup..........you must check this thing out, when you can.
    [​IMG]
    His brother Mike's, Coupe (for sale) :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Real nice chopped '34...........cool story behind the whole thing, too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another Coupe for sale...........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HEY - THAT'S A "WHITEY"..............
    [​IMG]
    Then there were 'Monkey's.............
    [​IMG]
    Sweet Pontiac...........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another survivor...........so I was told.
    [​IMG]

6. 39studebaker

39studebaker

Im really gonna have to go to some of these shows GREAT PICS!

7. oldsman71

oldsman71

great pics thanks fer showing them,I like the nail head powered coupe, later the green willys gave me a warm fuzzy feeling,thanks again, cobey j.c.

8. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

BigKen I did see your truck, Very nice, I'm building a similar International truck that I hope to get up there next year. Thanks for posting the pics.

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

Gee... Thanks Ken.... kick me when i'm down... Where is the story about your return trip home?????????

10. bigken

bigken

Jimmy's sweet Nomad - thing get's around.
    [​IMG]
    Momma Rashy gettin' her award for that killer '59. Rash, good seeing you too, OK?:D
    [​IMG]
    Torques Club Pick - Sweet as hell, '60 Cadi Custom w/'59 front clip. Channeled, and a lot of subtle custom mods. Gary and Getta Mundy (hope I spelled that right) Any man that can drive a pink/flamed Cadi, is damn OK in my book.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Couple of 'touristy' pics before heading out.........
    Casey w/his Merc. alongside the Tom Mix Museum.
    [​IMG]

THEN - the adventure back to Dallas. Oh the joys of road-trips. All was well until we got to Henryetta, OK. Leaving a stop light, the plate that holds my right rear wishbone to the frame, decides to break. SHIT - Sunday, 4pm, east Bum-f*ck, OK., what now?
    Limped it into a hotel parking lot. Rearend wrapped up a bit, torque bar was loose, pinion angle is nuts, but got it parked. Casey went in search of a welder, (remember, it's Sunday) and I started jacking it up, and pulling parts off. Both bones were torn at the ends that mounted to the rearend, when the rearend came loose. So, he comes back in 30 minutes, and says he actually found one, and he'd be an hour or so. WOW - that was a shock. Another welder stops by in the meantime, and we told him we had a guy coming, so he gave us his number in case we had a 'no-show'. Well, we had all the stuff pulled off, and waiting when the welder shows up. He survey the situation, thin metal on the bones, so he made a couple 'fish-plates', and did a dynamite job gettin' them back together, and usable. Welded the tab back on the frame for the front joint on the bone, to bolt back through. Lot of grinding, and alot of welding. We reset the rearend to it's proper angle, and measure to make sure we were square. All was good. Hung the bones back on, reinstalled the torque bar, tightened it all back up, threw the tires back on, and took a test drive. NICE AND SOLID. Felt it would get us home. SO - gave the welder - Doug a $100 for his 2+ hours of help (if you have an emergency in that area, his number is 918-845-3782) and 4 1/2 hours later, we pointed it all south again. Got in at midnight, but the important part was, we got home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gorgeous sunset, because it was going to be in my REAR-VIEW MIRROR........
    [​IMG]
    What a party and run this was. The music was great all day Saturday. Gotta plug my fav's though, Pushrod. They kicked ass Saturday at the park, and really rocked the hotel party that night. Thanks Mike, Danny and Jimbo - you guys are the best. Yea, I know, your honey's are great too.
    I did not take enough pics, so will try and make up for it next year. Folks, put this on your annual list of events to make, I am.
    Thanks Mick and all your cohorts that made this work.

11. LabRat

LabRat

Great pic's , thanks for all the angles . An "Oh yeah" that first custom is all class.

12. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Wish I could have gone with you guys, but had to work. Thanks for the pic's Big Ken.

13. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for posting :)

14. bigken

bigken

Damn your a patient little shit............hehehehe:D

15. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Holy Crap Ken, sorry about your truck but glad you didn't have to spend the night in Okmulgee, Yikes! That was a quick turn around even for a weekday.

16. bigken

bigken

Throw something at me next time, a beer maybe :D. I'm bad, too, really gotta work on my people skills.
    Propwash in 2-weeks..........come on down.

17. bigken

bigken

I was tickled about that. What are the odds, right?
    Anyway man, that paint on your Bird is fine as hell. Gorgeous car. Really was hoping you'd be there, Sunday, I wanted more.
    See ya soon.

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...nope...the seat itself. I have no idea how BigKen gets His Bigness in there...:D ...thanks for the pics bubba....sure missed not seein' BigTony. :(

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. gonmad

gonmad

20. flathead okie

flathead okie

That isn't Okmulgee, it has to be Henryetta, 14 miles south of Okmulgee. Still sorry you broke down.

21. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

WoW! Ken!

I had no idea you had trouble. Very cool to find a welder like that!

We had to stop three times but we made it!

Good to see you two again!

22. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Hey Ken! Thanks so much for helping out with the beer run! We're still enjoying it, although there isn't much left!

Was great meeting you, and I liked your little pickup as well. We were halfway planning a trip down that way soon, but was going to... choke... trailer my little RPU to keep from having to take a chance on it over the road. However, with my damned trailer having been stolen today, that's out for now.

Either way, Ken looks like a big version of Santa Claus. And even acted like him too when he opened up that trunk and had those 'presents' for me!

23. bigken

bigken

(corrected) Either way, it's still 'East Bum-F*ck' on a Sunday afternoon.....:rolleyes:
    Thanks

24. Anderson

Anderson

Looks like you had a good time! Thanks for the pictures. Sucks the truck broke, but glad you got it fixed. Is some re-engineering in order or is it good to go?

25. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Great pictures Ken. I really enjoyed meeting you. I look forward to seeing you somewhere this summer. Wow, a picture of Whitey and no broken camera. Sorry to hear about your problems and indeed you were in BFE...glad you made it. I'm certainly glad you came.

J.

26. autobilly

autobilly

Kool pics, looks like a bitch'n event.
    The purple/blue custom (Fleetline?) at the head of the thread is Kool. What a fantastic car, that's my idea of a beautiful custom.

Doh...it's a Buick!

27. ray

ray
    from colorado

nice low angle shot of the truck nutzzzzz.

28. bigken

bigken

It's probably good to go, but I am considering changes. When crap like that happens, you start second-guessing everything:rolleyes:. Past 'racing' abuse, played a part in it. You just never want that kinda stuff to happen.

Rashy, good seein' you and momma again. Denton in 2 weeks, if you care to wander down.

Greg, glad I could help with your beverage fix. See ya soon.

Pops, the camera is safe, it has a 'special filter'........:D

29. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Ken, Glad you finally made it home OK. Breakdowns suck but make for good stories later. Good that is wasn't worse.

Sorry we didn't cross paths but I am sure we'll get together down the road. You coming to Joplin in August?

30. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool pics!!

Ken you have a good eye for Kool! The '48 Buick is Dick Huckans
    and he is one of the guys in our Kat klub thing and Gary & Getta Mundy
    is another one of the Kats.

This is proof that some of us Kats have some class....

Happy Trails,

Mick