Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stray Kat 500 2009 THANK YOU GUYS!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, May 3, 2009.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just wanted to thank everyone that braved the elements and hung out with us this
    weekend. We ended up with 281 entires and thats not bad when all of the local flooding
    going on. Everyone arrived safe and I'm getting calls from guys getting back home OK.
    very Kool.

I had a lot of help this year and TwotallOkie, Gonmad and HvyChvy are the new Stray Kat
    Kustom members and we couldn't have pulled it off without them. Thanks guys!!

Friday night Free feed was the best one yet stay tuned for pictures Rod Baughman is a
    awesome painter and he also plays the drums. He has a local blues band that kept us
    entertained and we didn't even know that it was raining.

Also would like to thank Pushrod for rocking the Hotel Satuday night. Jimbo? should have
    his own reality TV show. He was keeping us rolling.

Thats all for now I gotta get to bed......

Happy Trails,

Mick

2. Wished I coulda been there....Duncan told me it was a blast! Next year....

3. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Howdy Dave, we missed you this year. Duncan and I had a nice chat in the motel lot Sat. night.

4. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Thanks Mick.

Even though I was exhausted from thrashing on my car and wasn't too sociable, I had a great time as usual. You're a great host. Thanks to all the guys and gals who were so kind - especially Rashy, Bulletproof, Monkey and Whitey - again it was a great weekend!

J.

5. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Ditto on "Jimbo TV" !!! HAHA

Thanks again Mickey I had a blast!!!

6. Mick we had a great time despite the rain. Saturday night was a blast. Lane made sure we already had reservations fro next year. He said he would be back next week if you did it again. I guess maybe I should finish a car one of these days.

7. gonmad

gonmad

Thanks Mick, you're awesome man! LOL.

8. Toptinman

Toptinman

"Ebabe", Anne & I got back safe and sound. We're really glad that we went. Totally enjoyed the show and looking forward to next year. Thanks again to everyone involved!

9. Mick-I sure wish I had been there. take care.
    Later,
    Dick

10. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

this was a great show as always ... thank you for giving us gearheads a place to play...

11. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

Got home safe and sound with sunshine and 70 degrees in Kansas City.

12. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

sorry I missed it mick.............. I p*&ssed out when it was raining sat. morn. I wish I would have gone but I do have deadlines on cars in 2 weeks and got about a months worht of work .. come over anytime micky, I Know you need a break !!!

13. Man I hated to miss this...again.

With the Thunderbird barely getting home after Roundup and having to play catch up at work.
    I just couldn't manage the time to get everything done.

It really sucks to miss our favorite show, and hanging out with T-town friends once a year.
    Glad y'all had better weather than us, even though a wet Stray Kat is still a hoot. ;)

[​IMG]

14. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

im currently in talks with the learning channel to start my own reality tv program.

i had a blast mick, thanks for letting us come play and putting on a super cool show.

high points from this weekend include:

1. friday night, trying to poop on the stage at the mercury lounge in tulsa while brandon clark band was playing
    2. challenging a kid in downtown dewey to a "yo-yo" off....while i was shirtless.
    3. sleeping in the back of mikes mercury, then getting knocked out when the trunk fell on my head. thanks dan.
    4. staying in the same room with daddyo54, and going to take a leak only to find a special present he had so kindly left behind for me. thanks daddyo.
    5. playing with a child boy mannequin in a antique store. creepy yes.
    6. attempting to drive mikes mercury to quik-trip then coming back to hotel and trying to look cool and do a burnout, only to cause massive bodly damage to everyone that was in the vehicle with me.
    7. the rib crib.
    8. eggberts
    9. barttlesville walmart at 3 am.

15. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

haha!

16. RatRoy

RatRoy

Mickey, as usual, a great show. Enjoyed all the "true" hot rodders that stayed in the rain.. :)

17. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats Mick, I had the show on my years events, but couldn't get the Suburban ready to roll. I will get there sometime, glad you did well!! I wanted to see PushRod play, maybe the Ft Scott show!!-~Sololobo~

18. fuddpucker

fuddpucker

It was a great time as always, rain or no rain.

19. bigken

bigken

Damn Mik, still sorry I missed the festivities. Spousal unit is STILL ill. Anyway, I had no doubt it would be a party.
    Jimbo, your one sick puppy, and is seems Daddy-O is creeping up fast.

20. LowHeat

LowHeat

Thanks Mick. Glad we came out.

And thanks Pushrod. Hey Jimbo, you didn't take a leak in the closet in between songs Saturday night did you???

21. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

<---------still hungover, what an excellent time

22. 49toad

49toad

sorry i missed this year. I had a couple of minor set backs with the Toad last week and was in a pissy mood. Didn't want to spoil the weekend for anybody else.

23. reverendjim

reverendjim

mick,m had a blast and next year will be better and me and the ball and chain will be there, maybe jimbo can learn to do a burn out by then!

24. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

nope.....however i did vomit.

25. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

Yea i noticed someone plastered that one bathroom............

26. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

the circle vomit thing? did it appear as if someone stood in the middle of the stall, then proceeded to projectile vomit in a 360 degree patten? i heard about this. thats jacked up man. it like the real life exorcist.

27. haymaker

haymaker
    from Enid, OK

Mick, We had a blast. I am so glad I got my rod driveable for the koolest show aroumd. See ya next year if not in Ft. Scott. I have to be in a damn wedding during the Starliner in Witchita. Take care

28. Mudd

Mudd

Thanks Mick, we had a great time regardless of the rain, seen some cool cars, laughed a lot with friends and really enjoyed Pushrod those guys really get the place fired up!!
    I'll probly have to build another car for next just incase ya have a no Gasser rule next year... Sorry it's so loud... I like it that way "Violent"

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jim,

It was nice to see ya guys again. Glad that the starter problem was solved and you were back on the road Cars suck!!! sometimes.......

30. reverendjim

reverendjim

thanks cant wait for ft scott gonna be a hell of a time