Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Strange road trip question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bestoutta3, Sep 2, 2016.

1. bestoutta3

bestoutta3
    from so. cal.

Hello everybody. Every year for the past 5 years I have flown my dad from California to the east coast for his Navy reunion. It is held in different places each year. This year it will be in Georgia. Dad is 78 and not in the best health. Not surprising since he spent his youth working farms before joining the Navy and volunteering for submarine service and then 30 years as an Iron Worker. Point being, i'm not sure how many more trips like this we will be taking. I thought this year it would be cool to have my son tag along and do a road trip. But I will only have enough time to drive there then fly home. I can rent a car one way no problem but how cool would it be if I were able to score some type of classic! Looking online i'm not finding much. I was hoping someone here may know of something. And if anyone here who lives in California and is selling their classic Cadillac to someone in Georgia I would be happy to deliver it for you first week on November lol..

2. cretin

cretin

Well, it's a cool idea, but a bit of a tall order. What do you have for cars in the stall? How long till the reunion? is it financially possible to drive a car you have and ship it home?

3. squirrel

squirrel

Have you read "on the road"? :) :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. There's a lot that could go wrong with any antique car on a trip like that, if your short on time, when things go wrong you may be out of luck. Especially since you would be unfamiliar with it.

You should definately read "On the Road", then watch "Coupe de Ville" a roadtrip movie from 1990.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. I'd say drive it out and get it shipped back, try uship.com for quotes, there's also some shippers on here.