Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Strange Question.. Hot Rods and Chapter 7 bankruptcy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MikeG5211, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

maybe I'm weird, but I would start selling things way before I even remotely considered filing for bankruptcy. I was $12,000. in debt and had $800.00 to my name when I got the job I have now.... I now have zero debt and money in the bank. I did it the old fashioned way from the days when men were men. stopped wasting money. paid my debts and then started saving.... guess maybe this is what us old farts do when we screw ourselves over financially....faking on my obligations was not an option.

2. egads

egads

And look what happened to those two:eek::eek:

3. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

50+ years ago in high school ,we had a year of " socio/economics" taught us how to budget , live within our means , save money . Twenty or so years later that course had been deleted . Everyone got easy credit , greed , having to have everything you want NOW , that's at least part of what's wrong !

4. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

I was raised that if you did things crooked don't bitch when people call you a crook. Just saying.

5. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Damn you folks are tough. Whats the old saying. If you aint got nothing nice to say dont say nothing at all. He asked a specific question and you guys drill him on everything but. Good luck brother and hope all goes well . At least your looking for solutions and not giving up. GOD BLESS

Flathead Dave likes this.
  6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You didn't say what your circumstances are and frankly it is no ones business.
    This is a strange post.

Chapter 7 is total liquidation and at 29 years old - the last thing you should ever do is that.
    Frankly at 29 if you aren't dead - a judge won't approve it - you're living and breathing and can work so more than likely Chapter 11 is more like it as in restructuring your debt.
    Chapter 7 will result in ANY AND ALL asset auction proceeds will go to any creditors you HAVEN'T paid.

A mans word is only good as the man himself.

Contact a Lawyer that specializes in Bankruptcy.
    Chances are you aren't going to eliminate your debt unless you are dead or in prison for a long time.

And what I said is nice.

Contact a lawyer.

BTW - I've never filed bankruptcy but a close friend is a lawyer who has shared the many levels of legal and illegal business practices with me.

egads, lothiandon1940, Deuces and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.