Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical strange dash light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatmotor40, Aug 7, 2017.

1. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Just got my 55 wiring back together and the only problem is when the dash lights rare on the tach light also when you rev engine up the tach light goes out that is the only one doing it.It is a older Sun but I have a HEI on the car but I have been using this tach since the 70's with the HEI in the car since 90's.I've had problem with car loosing power while driving and had to recrank while coasting so I rewired the whole car and this has surfaced.Strange .Thanks for info.I put a TPI on it in the 90's also have had this car since 1972.

2. Check you ground wire and the wire for the bulb inside to make sure you connections are solid. I had a Sun Tach in my old chevy truck that the light would flicker on and off from time to time, finally stopped working all together, chased it down the a failed crimp on the ring terminal I put on it for the ground wire.

3. squirrel

squirrel

sure does sound like a bad ground...

4. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks thought it might be the problem that I have for the car shutting off while running down the highway.But I rewired the whole car as it was the org harness in it.Will go back at it today.Thanks