Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stranded, screwed and nobody stopped! - with pix!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weasel, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace

Man, that sucks. I stayed in Big Bear until today, we just got home.
    Here are some photos of your car at the show.
    Dennis

Attached Files:

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Similar thing happened to me in the '50 Burb. Fuel pump died in the mountain pass between home and Tucson. Heading to a car show. Passed by a few rodders, didn't stop. Got car running, made it to the show, let those fuckers know how I felt in front of God and everybody!

3. Join the club, then act like the biggest ass you can while flying their colors at their favorite show. Bunch of dicks!

4. 53Crestline

53Crestline

Yep, pretty pathetic display of "club camaradie"! "F" that! What a joke. Pricks. Stopping to help people in OBVIOUS distress is something apparently only some of us have grown learning to do. Anybody who's even remotely involved with cars/trucks/whatever, would have noticed the giant oil slick and the chunk of driveshaft on the road. "Thanks for nothin', jerks".

I was in that very same situation once, which just all the more reason I stop and check in with "perfectly good strangers" to see if they need any assisitance.

Glad to hear there were no tradgedy's involved! Could've been a lot worse I guess, so don't let it burn you too much, it's their(the car clubs) loss. And good luck with your truck. Hope you get it all straightened out with your insurance company...sorry man, what a headache.

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank God that boulder didn't take a bounce just before you hit it, and come through the windshield! Karma happens, these guys will get their due. As suggested by someone else, if they have a web site I would put a little note up thanking them for not helping you, they most likely would have just made the situation worse if they had stopped to help. I can see it now, greasy fat guy gets out of his newly-purchased street rod, wallows over and says "you got trouble", oblivious to the fact that there is a split boulder, an ocean of oil, and half a driveshaft laying in the road.

"Here's your sign!"

6. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Holy shit!!:eek:

7. AMEN to that.
    I'll stop for anyone also.

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

8. Looks like in the last pick, the truck is on a rollback. I'd like ot know if the Willys was driven from there, too...:)

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Last fall, the Arkansas Tin Lizzie club (Model T) was "touring" and passing through town. One car broke down. The entire group pulled over on the side of the road and stayed until the disabled car was loaded on a trailer...and the caravan went on its merry way, including the T on the trailer. They were looking out for each other, first of all, and secondly, weren't going to let a breakdown ruin their fun that day. Good bunch of folks, like all clubs should be.

10. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Know your role

Attached Files:

11. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Only in california get out of that shit hole of a state

12. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

At the risk of unleashing hell on myself, I will say that in the past I have stopped to help hot rodders in need and driven right by trailer queens in need.

13. calvins123

calvins123
    from USA

It's always best to be careful at these places as you never know who the person is that is goig to ttake advantage of you.

14. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

And it's a damn good thing that you weren't driving that rod! Imagine the damage (physical and emotional!) if it had hit it. :eek:

15. big creep

big creep

yea had nothing to do with the state, it had to do with the club not helping!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  16. Special Ed

Special Ed

A couple of days ago everyone was praising a few folks from California for saving a man from a burning Deuce, and now this? :confused:

17. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I think you just took the record for farthest stretch to go out of your way to bash California. ;)

18. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I'd stop and help. Done it many of times.

19. big creep

big creep

hey ed some guys will never get it!

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Traditional hot rods and customs fellas... Let's talk about those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.