Register now to get rid of these ads!

Straight Axle Questions...??????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cadillacin Marcus, Mar 8, 2004.

1. On a car with a subframe like a nova...how would you straight axle it? unbolt the subframe and build a new clip?? and whats the best way to go about building a straight axle car.? IE parts etc...Thanks

2. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Not sure exactly what you want to end up with, hi rider, gasser or whatever, but I would chop away all the bits of the suspension unit, grind all the brackets and shit off and build onto the chassis that's left. Saves a whole bunch of realignment work over building a new subframe.
    I had a '68 Nova a couple years back, wish I still had it [​IMG] Bit of a beater but I spent ages refurbing the interior, wiring etc.

Attached Files:

3. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

The stock Nova frame would work but would look like crap.I say split the floorboard back to the rear subframe and put 2 x 3 tube all the way. weld it good to the floor, kick it up a little in front of the firewall and as a safety measure run another tube brace from up front by the radiator to the upper firewall. That should give it the strenght you need.