Register now to get rid of these ads!

Straight Axle Photoshop Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.Otto, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Dude, PLEASE don't axle this car. That thing is a straight up super stocker. This is not the type of car to axle. I don't disagree with getting the nose up. but DONT axle it. Go with some 90/10 shocks, ball joint spacers, and some heavier springs if you can get em. That will make it really fun to launch too.

The wheel sizes are great, I'm not too hip on the red steelies anymore, but go for it. Front tires are right on. Get yourself some pie crust slicks out back. And letter it up as a super stocker.

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

X2 I can see that... its cool!

3. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Hamber Applekrate has a junkyard full of Pontiacs in Arizona-Pontiac Heaven. If the frame wasn't bent, I would replace as needed , taller springs and ball joint spacers, I might know where a set of spacers is at :rolleyes:.

4. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

the way I see it, if a guy is going to axle a big car like this, then it is to build an A/FX altered wheelbase job. However, the pontiac to use for the A/FX build is a GTO, Tempest, or Lemans. The Catalina has always pretty much run in the Super Stock category. Don't think I'm talking down your car man, it is totally badass. It's just not the type of car to axle.

super stock
    [​IMG]
    A/FX
    [​IMG]

5. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Well everyone has done the S/S to death. I've always been a maverick. My previous car was '73 Trans Am turbocharged to 1065 hp.

[​IMG]

But a friend in Delaware made me an offer I could not refuse. So it went and this came home. Always wanted to do a frameup gasser build. I really wanted a '60 Catalina but this rust free '63 came up and I could not resist. It will be intersting all it's own. '60 389 block, .090 to 406, KRE 325 cfm heads, forged crank, alum GRP rods, full roller valvetrain, and turbocharged, blow thru CSU carb on a northwind intake. Not traditional since there was never a gasser like it to my knowledge. I decided to make it a gasser like non other. I just like to go down a road less traveled. I'll add 2 pics of a '63 altered wheelbase car. The first is as it ran, the second looks like it was striped of everything and abandoned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just doesn't look right. We'll see how mine turns out. I just didn't want another S/S look alike. Mark L

6. R.Otto

R.Otto

I love these cars

7. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Somebody actually likes small block chevies ???