Register now to get rid of these ads!

Straight axle my Nova yes/no

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racerdaddy1, Feb 5, 2013.

1. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Just a bump for OP, where we at now?

2. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just try to be different... build it low AND fast.
    I ran a 1/8 mile race against a 49 Plymouth Gasser with a tunnelrammed 440 BB in it, nosebleed stance , fenderwell headers, straight axle... you name it. It was higher and louder and it was trailered to the race. I drove 350 miles. Here´s the Video, the 440 is the loud one, but I won, and my car isn´t that quick....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zca8VD6eQPM

I think if you go Gasser, you should have some real horsepower..

3. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

That is a pretty nice looking car to start with. If it wer me m2 front susp with rack. Plenty of parts avaiability and handles great.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Well? what did you decide? lets see some pics.

Godspeed
    MrC.

5. 56fordf100

56fordf100
    from Arkansas

No! Don't do it! If you jest got to have a gasser, find one that's not so nice & build one!!!!

6. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Make it a gasser. I went to a car show today and was bored every car looked the same. Gassers are unique and badass. Go go it.

7. The arning drop is where you change the pivot point of the upper A arm isn't it? I think that it is partially dependent on spring location. I think if I am correct it would not be as easy to do on a car with the spring on the lower A arm.

That said a banned member who has posted on this thread owns a Nova wagon that runs very fast in a nearly stock suspension and recently made some mods to make it handle and hook better. Too bad he is no longer posting he would be a good one to quize.