Register now to get rid of these ads!

stovebolt intakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xderelict, Aug 10, 2007.

1. GOODTIMER

GOODTIMER

I guess the saying is true. "Good things come to those who wait". About a month ago I didn't have any dual intake just kind of dreamed or was looking but now I have two Rare intakes. Here is my new addition Thickstun with matching Stromberg BXOV-2 14-22 carbs. I couldn't believe people were passing on this in the classified section. I guess it was meant to be. Now its time to clean this setup the way it deserves to be.:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flop

Flop

geeeeze no adjustable high speed jets!!! nice lookin setup though

3. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

i offered the guy my ellis intake with carbs for that thickstun and he said no. I didnt have the 400 at the time. Which i could have it.

4. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

forgot to mention. I also have a thickstun but thats the one with the fins. So far my collection consists of 2 mcgurks one that has no name on it another 5 carb for a 302 an ellis for ihc thickstun with fins and a nicson triple oh and 2 stock intakes. Still need 2 more mcgurks another thickstun like yours and..... Did anyone ever hear of a 2 carb intake that looks like a mcgurk but with no name on it? I might trade it in for my ellis unless someone wants to trade for a tattersfield or a thickstun like the one above

5. Flop

Flop

im gonna have a tattersfield for sale soon when i change it out for a sharp

6. GOODTIMER

GOODTIMER

That's because these are 14-22 carbs not a universal model.

7. Flop

Flop

interesting

any adavntages disadvantages? mine have the adjustable jets and electric chokes the chokes are awsome !!!

8. anyone run hememade splits for a chev??:D i used to weld 1 1/2 in black iron pipe on for a outlet and shove a plate in and weld for a true split, made a lot of thhem before nam and even when i got back to the world. just had a buzz box and 6011, used the welder to burn the holes , golly it was happy daze then and no money to buy anything, if it was cheep i had it!!! sold it if i did not need it
    i made a 2 carb manifold for a 228 GMC with a newhouse adapter kit weld on flanges and a little linkage and a cheep block off for the center, worked for my bud
    I had a elelbrock 216 dual carb on my 54 chev 235 had to leave out the seal rings and run carter carbs, could change the bases on them and get a different size bolt spacing
    mind is pretty foggy that far back:eek:

9. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

heads up guys, theres a few intakes on Ebay right now, 2 Edelbrocks and an Edmunds.

10. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Stovebolt spy cam.:D I snatch pictures of intakes where I see them and Yours must of been one too.Mostly from the auction site.I just got in from u pull it,scored a 55 chevy 261,I could do a happy dance.

11. Flop

Flop

heres a combo ya dont see everyday sharp vc and intake together!!!

to bad the side cover is already on the car

[​IMG]

Dyno Dave likes this.
  12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man i love all the inline induction pictures , ive got a factory buick straight eight intake manifold with two 94 holleys on it , and the split exhaust manifolds , the 6 cylinder stuff is much nicer

13. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

14. GOODTIMER

GOODTIMER

Nice!!! Or should I say " That looks SHARP"

15. moontripper

moontripper
    from Munster,IN

Ok silly question here.Are the ends of the exh/int for line up or are they studs to hold the manifold in.Either mine are busted or I got lucky.194 chevy inline.
    Thanks
    Bart

16. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

This picture make me giggle like a school girl.... Wow what a set!

17. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

18. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Damn clean! Nice eye candy!!!
    here is another shot of the nickson with Carter yh's
    [​IMG]
    This is in the hoodlum.I've got a finned valve cover for it and am searching for the side cover.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The frame really looks narrow.

19. 292belair

292belair

i run one of them on my 66 belair! built 292! [​IMG]

20. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

66 belair how made your intake. i almost bought one just like it at the charlotte auto fair last month. i just waited to long to decide and some one else bought it.

21. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Great thread.

I own one of these:
    [​IMG]

and one of these:
    [​IMG]

22. 292belair

292belair

all it says on it is, Precision Engine Service! only reason i had it is we ran it on a dirt track cars years ago!

23. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

24. coolerthanethan

coolerthanethan
    from Miami, FL

almost complete....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Little Terry

Little Terry

Looking real nice. I just read your build-up thread start to finish! Some hard work has gone into that truck. I would be interested in knowing a bit more about how you modified the steering arms to cope with the dropped axle (some of your thread was not showing up right). Reason is that I have a 3" drop tube to go into my '41 and would like to work out how to do it before i start.
    Cheers,
    Mark.

26. Are these available in a pdf file?

27. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

My experience in high school in 1962 was that the 2 carb setup without heat was virtually impossable to drive until it warmed up even in Miami and it took forever to warm up in my 54 Chevy. My cousin had the 5 carb setup on his 302 GMC powered 53 Chevy, it was very stout in its day. If youre old you recall the bellmouthed anodised aluminum tumber glasses. Well he cut the bottoms off and had a different color one on each carb. We did change out a bunch of transmissions in it and it would rattle windows in the whole neighborhood when you backed it down in second gear.

28. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

I am in love with chevy and most of all gmc straight sixes. I would like to see more HOME MADE intake and exhaust for these guys. If you have been around some airplane recips they all use round tubing for their intakes. That is what I invision on a 302 gmc in my next model a project.

29. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

We really need to keep this thread going! Here is my new, well old, Fenton 2x2 intake with 2 BXOV-2's on it!

It will eventually replace my repop Fenton that I'm running on my 235 now.

Attached Files:

30. Had this on the 235 that was in the Fiddy, havent put it on the 261 that was dropped in a few months ago. Ran to rich before and i want to get that fixed before it goes on the 261.

[​IMG]