Register now to get rid of these ads!

stovebolt chevy oil return lines...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-town-track-t, Mar 28, 2010.

1. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Ok, so I was under the hood tinkering and I put pressure on one of the oil return lines that goes from the oil filter canister to the block. Needless to say its now leaking.

Ok, so I know that NCPA, and Chevy of the 40's offers them, but now I am stuck in the driveway. I would have to order them in the morning, and have them shipped in, which leaves me dead in the water until wed?

Do any of you know the part numbers for these hoses? I'd like to either go buy them tomorrow, or if I have to go have new hoses made. I can not seem to find a parts monkey on the weekend that knows how to run a parts book.

2. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Find a NAPA , truck shop , farm or heavy equipment dealer that makes hydraulic hoses . Hope that helps you out.

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

You don't have to be a sitting duck. All you have to do is run down to your local auto parts or even hardware store and find two brass plugs. Remove the 2 oil lines from the block and put the brass plugs in place. Now you can drive while you wait for the new oil lines.

4. markjenks

markjenks

Ditto on the plugs. Get 2 of em and plug it up. No filter until you fix it, but the filter was a option to that motor.

5. Unsafe6

Unsafe6

Greasegun hoses work perfect, have 1/8" ntp thread on each end and come in different lengths. All you need is a weatherhead swivel fitting and your set. And there not $30.00 a set. Get the good Lincon rubber ones.

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You better make sure it's not a 261 before you plug those oil lines! If it is a 261, oil must flow from one fitting to the other or you will grenade your engine in very short order. All you said is "stovebolt". Just sayin'...

Otherwise, if it's a 235, take your hoses to a NAPA and they should be able to make you some hydraulic hoses pretty quick. No NAPA? Try big rig shops, forklift shops, even Tractor Supply carries some hydraulic hoses. Get creative.

8. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I made several sets of them when I worked in a parts store that made hydraulic hoses. Not a big deal.

9. PLP

PLP

Some where I saw a posting of the NAPA part for the 1/8" T that accepts the oil filter and the oil pressure gauge. Does anyone recall that number?