Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen Wheel/Tire Tools Indianapolis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, May 30, 2014.

1. 1959apache

1959apache

Some jackass walked into my garage and stole one of my drag tires/wheels. Unfortunately, they don't make these wheels anymore and the tire was rare as well. It was Enkei brand wheel (looks like an American Racing Wheel), the tire was a Hankook P265/50/r15 (only 6 in the country two years ago when I purchased two). If anyone has any leads in Indy or the South side I will pay $500 to get it back. They were a high school graduation present from a good friend. More than likely the wheel is at the scrap yard and the tire was sold back to some wheel place.

The fuckers were spooked when they touched an empty rubbermade tub with my oil pan on top of it and it all came crashing down so they grabbed it and jet. It was stolen yesterday/last night.

I went to go put them on yesterday and one was missing and so was a handful of misc tools.. I expect I won't get any of this back, but please keep a look out, especially at swap meets.

Here are some pictures of them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1959apache

1959apache

more pictures:

The rear here was stolen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 1959apache

1959apache

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sucks and you are probably right on where the wheel went. I'd print out some photos of the wheel and take them around to the local scrap dealers with your contact info and a note that you will buy the wheel back if they get or have it. I've got Enkie 32's on the 48 that have the ring of holes in them that have been on the truck since the 80"s Good light wheels that will probably end up on a drag car if I ever decide to put one together.

A Rodder likes this.

5. 1959apache

1959apache

I already contacted them and contacted local tire shops and told them there was an award for finding it. The tire is not something that is popular or made anymore. The Good Guys Show is next weekend.. maybe a few can keep a lookout for it. I will try to as well. I would rather have the wheel than the tire, but both would be nice. Are these wheels the same as yours?

6. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Be sure and walk or drive all the alleys around your place. I grew up over there and that's where most of the kids walked and hung out. Maybe they just rolled it down the street and left it.

7. 1959apache

1959apache

I checked last night everywhere around the neighborhood. I am sure it is in the bad part of town by now. I may drive up there this afternoon to check it out. Thanks for the help Tom, I appreciate it. Are you heading to GG this next weekend?

8. 1959apache

1959apache

Here are some individual pictures as well

Attached Files:

9. 1959apache

1959apache

I have had a couple leads someone is trying to sell one stock car wheel/tire to a couple scrap yards on the South Side of Indy to try to get a price for them. Please let me know if you see or hear anything.

10. 1959apache

1959apache

bump for the night crowd

11. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I'll keep an eye out for it...

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

did you check Craig's list? that certainly sucks the big one! I'll keep an eye out for you

13. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

14. 1959apache

1959apache

Can anyone ID these wheels? I would like to get another if possible.

Yes I have checked CL and all over the place. I appreciate all the help guys!

I know the tire isn't a big deal... I want the rim. Hopefully it isn't at the scrap yard

15. Meyer

Meyer

Check cl now. Just saw something under parts looks similar..... Vintage ford wheels on the Indy site

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. metal man

metal man

It's not there now....

17. Meyer

Meyer

I still see it. May 31 in parts by owner in Indy. Vintage ford aluminum wheels title

Maybe they are not them but worth a look

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. metal man

metal man

I see them now. It didn't come up when I did a search, but found them when I scrolled through it. Those wheels on Clist are mismatched, but the two shown are not the wheel in question. The machining in the center is a bit different and the valve stem is in a different location on the rim. It still may be worth taking a look at the other two if it's close.

19. stimpy

stimpy

there enkei EK20's quit making them in the 1990's hope you find it as they are harder to find in the 5 lug versions .

20. 1959apache

1959apache

thanks guys, I will check out the CL add today or tomorrow.

Stimpy, do you have anyone that I would be able to talk to on these?

21. 1959apache

1959apache

Sweet zombie Jesus I made HUGE cardboard signs (4 ft wide and 2 ft tall), called every scrap yard in a 50 mile radius and sent pictures, called every used tire shop, every wheel shop, drove through the bad parts of town (don't worry I was strapped), canvased the neighborhood, checked out CL listings, etc......

Just about 20 minutes ago a local plumber knocked on my door when my wife and I were about to head out the door for dinner and asked if I was just missing a tire or a wheel or both. I said both... he replies with "can you come ID this wheel and tire"... I respond with "you've got to be shitting me".. My wife and I follow him out the door to his van... I couldn't get out of the door fast enough. He pops the door to his work van and instantly I recognize the tread on my tire.... I am on cloud nine... I was saying all week that I was hoping someone would do the right thing and he sure did.

He said that he saw the tire laying in my neighbors yard about 10 feet in and sitting on top of an old door that my neighbor replaced. This guy picked it up because he was going to take it to a scrap yard and saw my sign on the tree while driving by this afternoon.

His name is Joe and he is a local plumber based out of Greenwood, IN. You could not meet a nicer more honest guy. I was offering a $200 reward and he refused to take it. I am going to try and pick him up this weekend and take him to the local car show instead, that way I can at least buy him dinner and we can go do some burnouts in my Apache.

Meet Joe from Joe Plumber:

[​IMG]

22. Good people are still around, take an add out in the local paper thanking him and stressing his honesty and refusal to take the reward, it may help his business.

23. 1959apache

1959apache

Way ahead of you, I'm going to do it right for him.

racingonerobb likes this.
  24. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

10 feet in your neighbor's yard?

Sorry. Doesn't strike me as very honest...

capterik likes this.
  25. opunui

opunui
    from Honolulu

Good things happen to good people!

26. So the thief dumped it in the neighbor's yard?

27. 1959apache

1959apache

I am still missing a few tools, but they were duplicates, if he kept them then that is fine, all that mattered to me was the wheel anyway. I have to count my blessings so to speak and not get hung up on the details. I am just happy the wheel is back. Maybe he figured out it was too hot to get rid of, maybe his family member did it and he caught them stealing a wheel and decided that if I were to press charges it was better that he return it and take the heat rather than someone like his son, which would ruin the boys life. Either way I don't care, it is back... and if I had to pay for it in $50 in tools or more then so be it.

Thank you guys for all of the help looking for it, especially the ones scouring craigslist.

28. glad you got it back, I wonder if he had permission to remove things from your neighbors property. It seems weird your neighbor would give away something that he did not know about!
    just a thought

29. Hey Scott, glad you got your wheel back! Sorry, but if that's the case, that Joe stealing it from your neighbor's yard is no better than the Joe Blow who stole it from your garage... just lucky you got it back.

Let me know what tools you need replace, I may be able to help you out.

30. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

Check your local scrap metal buyers.