Register now to get rid of these ads!

stolen roadster on long island new york

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Oct 8, 2010.

1. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

2. lorodz

lorodz

was in ct. this weekend at the fall out show...didnt see anything going or coming ...goodluck

3. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

That sucks, hope you get her back. I'll keep an eye out for it.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be walking the neighborhood for a few blocks in every direction that would be an exit from your place asking the neighbors if any of them had seen anything odd or the car being hauled or towed past in the past few days.
    Tow rig and trailer parked a block or so away or what looked like a repo rig poking around the neighborhood.
    Any local racers who might be a bit shady and hard on engines too? Circle or drag car. Guy in the area who just blew up the engine in his Chevy in the past couple of weeks and all the sudden came up with a fresh engine that maybe the guys in the area didn't think he had the money to replace the engine?
    It might not be a bad Idea to go out and go up and down streets and alleys within a mile or so and see if someone might have fired it up and driven it off and burned the engine up.

It's also conceivable that someone could have stolen it and is now making wholesale cosmetic changes to it with plans to claim that it is a fresh car that they "just built or bought from the other coast". The guys in the area are probably already keeping their ears open for news of someone all the sudden making big progress on a previously unknown 27 roadster though.

5. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

Ed i'll put the word out

6. JaBoney

JaBoney

I'll be looking for it too on the east end. Could the people from Overhauling be playing a gag on ya? Maybe not.

7. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Ed, just did a mass e-mail to about 75 guys that I know from the NY metro area to keep a look out. Unfortunately, someone who knew you were going to be out of town took advantage of the opportunity.
    JS

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Ed: sorry this happened to you, especially when you were away. I hope it all works out.

good to see you today

btw, that for sale sign in the Henry is getting rather old.

9. old lady's mad

old lady's mad

it dont apear this car was in need of overhauling, id probably rule that out. i have to agree , had to be someone that knew your schedule

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  10. Did a search, looking for export of stolen cars.

This is the growing way to ship stolen custom cars.
    Since most of these cars have a Vin Tag's that are easy to removed and replaced. In order to fake paper work. And easy to take apart and ship as loose pieces.

Hope this ends well for you, best wishes.

June 30, 2010,

17 Arrests Shut Down Bronx Car Theft Ring

<!-- Byline --><ADDRESS class="byline author vcard">By STEPHEN CEASAR</ADDRESS><!-- The Content -->A transcontinental car theft ring based in the Bronx that stole hundreds of vehicles was broken up Wednesday, the police said, as 17 people were arrested in a series of early-morning raids.
    During a yearlong investigation, the group stole nearly 500 cars and sold them in New York, New Jersey, Georgia and Texas, the authorities said. Some vehicles were hidden in shipping containers en route to Senegal and sold there, Attorney General Andrew M. Cuomo said. The investigation was conducted by the attorney general’s office, the New York Police Department and the New York State Police.
    Of 99 vehicles recovered in the investigation, 67 were stolen in New York City.
    The suspected leader of the group, Babacar Lo, 32, would receive requests for certain cars to be stolen, down to the specific model, year, color and accessory package, the police said. He would then direct others in the group to find and steal the vehicle from the street, a parking lot or a dealership, according to the indictment.
    Reynaldo Colon, 28, and Danny Duran, 29, who worked at Toyota dealerships in New Jersey and Connecticut, are accused of providing others in the group with special keys from the dealerships to enter the vehicles. Once inside, the men would use a laptop computer to sync the key with the vehicle’s unique identification number, allowing the key to start the car, Mr. Cuomo said.

Often, the stolen vehicles would be stored at a garage in the Bronx until they were loaded into a shipping containers and hidden by furniture or other household items. Some of the vehicles were then shipped to Senegal, where they “commanded top dollar,” Mr. Cuomo said.

The group specialized in the theft of Toyotas, but also stole high-end makes like Mercedes, BMW and Audi. The authorities were unsure how long the ring had been operating.
    All 17 men were charged with felonies in Bronx County, including enterprise corruption, criminal possession of stolen property, forgery, grand larceny and conspiracy. The enterprise corruption charge alone carries a maximum sentence of 25 years in prison.
    Once a huge problem in New York City, auto theft is much less of an issue today, Mr. Cuomo said, because partnerships between law enforcement agencies have helped the authorities become much more adept at stopping it.

“If you’re thinking of stealing a car in New York City or New York State, don’t even think about it,” Mr. Cuomo said.

<!-- end .entry-content -->

11. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

12. 39sledge

39sledge

this sucks eddy anything you need im there i will keep my eyes open on this one hope its returned soon.b.

13. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

im thinking the classics are getting snagged because all the newer high end cars have locating devises.and venues like craigs list making them easy to part out and sell.hope you get it back.

14. thanks for everybodys help.
    meeting with the detectives on monday
    hope they got info

15. Ficco55Merc

Ficco55Merc
    from Mass

I'll be on the look out in southeast mass. Also spreading the word about it to my club

16. joel torres

joel torres

17. prost34

prost34

I hope you get it back,hope its not in a million pieces,look at e bay,craigslist for the parts in your town or near by,,

18. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

19. I would expect that this is headed to port to leave the country in a container, just like the article posted previously. But if I hear about a roadster for stupid cheap, I'll check it out.

20. I feel for ya...got mine stolen in 04...I stuck this up top for all to see...hope it turns up.

21. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

ill check out this shady place by my work in SI they are always bringin in cars and stuffin em in boats to send overseas. i think i can get a pretty good view of there yard from the top of my building. or maybe from the top of one of my tugs.

22. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

5pm bump to the top

23. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Hey Ed, sorry to hear. Wonder if would be brought down to the Baltimore port to ship out. Since Hershey and Carlisle were just the past two weeks a lot of cars end up at the Baltimore port to ship oversees.
    Anyone work at the Baltimore, Maryland port?

24. Interesting mike my sister live down there I caller maybe she knows sombody

25. freebird101

freebird101

damn man that sucks, I got all 3 of my eyes looking......

26. David Allen

David Allen

I'd think looking in the ship yards going overseas would be a good bet. I hear many cars go east because of the better money and less eye's to ID it.

27. cheveey57

cheveey57

Not thinking it's going anywhere. It's probably gonna get raped for the parts, you're plate did advertise it was all steel. They are getting hard to come by. I hope we can find it before anything happens to it.
    As promised a mass email was sent out to all our club members.
    Pete

28. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

So sorry to hear about this stuff again.
    It makes you think about not taking yours anywhere.
    I sure hope we catch these guys. prove we won't stand for this.

29. von zipper

von zipper

BTT! That sucks! I had my house broken into years ago and they put all my stuff in my Bronco and got away with it!! I got the truck back, but the bastards took my folks wedding rings! Everything else can be replaced!

30. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

I just talked to a friend of mine who used to work as a long shoreman at the Baltimore docks. He said all the containers are checked especially if they have cars in them but the paperwork better match the VIN. I know VINs can be changed but maybe a note to your sister with some photos that she could pass to the Port of Baltimore Police?