Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Model T and enclosed trailer OKC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vettes2, Jan 19, 2009.

1. vettes2

vettes2
    from OKC, OK

[​IMG]

The car, a black 1915 Ford Model T Roadster bearing Oklahoma tag AV6-713, was inside a 16-foot white car trailer taken from a residence near SE 149 and Sunny Lane Road about 8 a.m., resident Don Coshow said. The trailer has a blue interstate symbol on the side stamped with manufacturer number 00788, Coshow said.
    The car’s owner, Herman Campbell, said the car is worth about $30,000, but its sentimental value far exceeds any dollar amount.

Campbell started rebuilding the car in 1946. With repairs and maintenance, it has been running since the early ‘50s.
    "It’s something I’ve had all my life. I don’t want to lose it. It’s just like I like it ... It’s perfect,” he said.
    Campbell, now 87, acquired the car in the 1940s after returning from Honolulu where he had been stationed for four years. As a young man returning from war and starting a family, he couldn’t afford a new vehicle, so he gathered every piece of the car from western Oklahoma, many of which had been neglected on rural lands in the Carnegie and Mountain View area.
    Since then, Campbell has toured the country with the car, driving it to both sides of the Grand Canyon and to the top of Pike’s Peak several times.
    "It’s been everywhere. You just name it,” Campbell said.
    Campbell said he still takes the car on about eight tours a year.
    "I’ve signed for tours this year and now I ain’t got no car,” he said.
    Also inside the trailer are his father’s tire tools, and other implements that cannot be replaced. Campbell said he’s not sure if the thief even knew what was inside the trailer.
    "To lose that car, I almost cried this morning. In fact, I did a little,” Campbell said.

A neighbor saw the man pull up to the residence, hook up the car trailer and leave in a late-1990s model, dark metallic green GM pickup with a matching camper shell and loud exhaust pipes. The thief is described as a white male in his 40s, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing 160-175 pounds with curly brown hair, Coshow said. If you have information, call the Oklahoma City police or Crime Stoppers at 235-7300.

FOUND JAN 29TH cAR AND TRAILER

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. rick finch

rick finch

Wow, I am speechless, that is really sad! I hope they catch the S.O.B.:mad:

3. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

That sucks! I hope they find the crud that took it, then let someone take him out behind the barn for a while. Teach him some manners, "Don't touch what isn't yours."

4. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

sad hope ya find it .

5. bignateokc

bignateokc

saw it on the local news hope he gets it back he seams like a really cool ol dude

6. you think they could search the DMV records for the color of the truck and narrow the search down a bit

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

8. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

From late 1988 to1999 the body style didnt change a whole lot, Meaning how many of those things were built? Ok so then you narrow it down to color and local and your still only down to about 5-10 thousand. then add to the fact that the guy is white so your down to 8k then add to that that it has loud pipes, your down to 7500...no tag info of the suspect no identifying features other than loud pipes....its a pipe dream to actually develop probable cause or even a direction in which to look in...just to put it in perspective...

Hopefully folks find it and fine it fast...theivin bastards need to keep their mits to themselves...

9. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

I hope they catch this SOB... the balls just to back up in someones driveway and hook up a trailer....

wish they'd let us have a crack at him after the find him...

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

truth of the matter is, he was probably after the trailer and didn't know that it had the T inside. Still, I sure hope they catch the guy and get the trailer and car back.

11. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Is there any way this thread can stay at the top. instead of floating?
    IN BIG RED LETTERS

More eyes to see..

12. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

Need Admin to make it a sticky...

13. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

14. henry29

henry29

Is there a gas station near by?
    Maybe you can find a surveillance video of the truck leaving a gas station before or after taking the car.
    A lot of gas stations are independently owned and probably wouldnt mind helping.

15. Bump this back to page 1 so more Oklahoma folks see it. Getting the word out does help.

16. r8odecay

r8odecay

Eyes open on the North side

17. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

18. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

watch around up this way for you.......jones

19. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Another bump. Probably some construction worker needing a trailer and didn't know what was inside. Shootem'

20. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Good idea 29.

Good luck, I hope you find it.

21. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Man, that sucks. I hope that rat bastard leaves his truck in neutral and accidentally gets run over by that trailer. That would be perfect justice. Hanging is too good for that filthy SOB. He should be slowly skinned alive, then dipped in lime juice.

22. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

23. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

I hope they catch this guy. It sounds like they have a good description on the guy. My neighbors wouldn't be as keen, they would just be happy it wasn't them. :confused: Would almost make it easier to catch criminals if the DMV would take pictures of every car registered as well as a picture and description of the owner. It could work just like police files only with those the offender has to have some kind of prior trouble. Then they could do like an Amber Alert. OOOOh....make this a sticky titled HAMBer Alert!

24. pineknot4

pineknot4

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I pity the fool who dicks with my stuff when I am 87 years old.

26. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

bump. looking out in Florida

27. manyolcars

manyolcars

I hope the old guy gets his car back

28. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

I will be looking around my area.

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

My thoughts exactly..acctually I pitty the fool who screws with it now..(im faster and still have a good right eye for the target)..but im sure i will get more onery as i grow older:eek:

30. az/willis

az/willis

i did this when my truck got stolen ( becouse it was on E when they took it) and you would be surprised at how many gas stations their are around you when you realy pay attention and how many dont care about your stuff and dont even have camras that face their pumps